Article: The End of an Era. A New Future Awaits.

1. Article: The End of an Era. A New Future Awaits.

07-16-2014, 10:52 PM
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  2. 07-17-2014, 01:38 AM
    Well said, Jace, and thanks for taking the time to craft such an all-inclusive response !!
    Thanks classicgeek thanked this post
    Likes Ripper, Megamatt79 liked this post
  3. 07-17-2014, 04:43 AM
    :D Game on!
    Likes Megamatt79 liked this post
  4. 07-17-2014, 04:45 AM
    Top shelf, Mr. Hall. I read it all and feel it further supports why you are such a perfect leader for this venture.

I was one of those folks who was involved at the start when it was all just fun stuff, was away during the 2k era of which it appears you are heavily speaking above, and watching the rebirth. Walter and I briefly touch on the current path of TG and it leaves us with a few simple words. Much respect and Appreciation.

Cheers buddy.
  5. 07-17-2014, 05:19 AM
    Great post and great way to summarize everything while at the same time taking responsibility for the way things are.

I could not think of a more measured, intelligent or responsible way to handle this situation, your candor and professionalism are unparallelled Jace, well done!
  6. 07-17-2014, 06:13 AM
    That, was impressively awesome.
    That, is what you call putting a line through it, and underlining it.
    What a superb entity this will become.
    Thanks Jace.
    We've been waiting for you to come along.
    :)
  7. 07-17-2014, 06:46 AM
    Wow. That was an ending I did not see coming at all. As I was reading your extensive post, a voice in my head was saying "oh man, it's all over, TG is going to close shop again!!". I was not a member of the historical TG community, but over the past few years I have had my own passion for gaming rekindled and I greatly looked forward to participating in a reborn Twin Galaxies.

I have witnessed the accusations, the rantings and ravings, the harassments back and forth on facebook between various people or their proxies. I have even read articles written by people who clearly had insider information and were intent on damaging Twin Galaxies, the founders, and interfering with the sale to new owners. Mutual hatred and unforgiveness drives these people to extremes.

What you have done so far, Jace, is nothing short of amazing. I can only imagine the effort it has taken to get TG back up and running while dodging the constant mortar fire of detractors and belligerent opponents. To openly forgive these people is, well, incredible.

I thank you so much for all you have done, and I eagerly await the day that I can submit my first score.
  8. 07-17-2014, 09:43 AM
    Rudy and Caroline are being unbanned when? If all is forgiven, then that must be as well. Nevermind the trbunal system that was implemented to remove them was so very similar to the backalley deals you mention in this article. You also outright admitted that neither of them did anything wrong according to twin galaxies rules of conduct. I could certainly bring forward "dirt" of all kinds on a great number of people, though I choose not to as it is not going to do anyone any good to do so.

Hopefully this is not the first double standard that someone can hold against you. As much as someone wants to just drop the past, there is something to the name. Go out and ask people what their opinion of twin galaxies is, and you will see that this one letter is simply not enough to change their opinion. Hell, I was in Iowa last year at the ICON gallery trying to do exactly that during the art expo.

Now, I hold judgment on things until I see the end result. I will not criticize the cuisine before it is served if you will, but I certainly will form my opinions however on the way I see things going. So far, I have seen a database get restored (again), that if a certain someone didnt blow the whole thing up when they pulled the plug on it, could have saved everyone alot of time and effort.

So I hereby challenge you Jace. You need to prove, day in and day out, that this is not just more lip service and the same old same old. The only one here that can change anything is you. Actions outside your influence are outside of your control. This article, as much as I want to belive it, has been done before. I remember writing the one from the previous regime that went very similar to this one, albeit no where near as long. Show us all why this will be different from the past.
  9. 07-17-2014, 10:43 AM
    I was at ICON last year, freeko, and what is it you were exactly doing? I distinctly remember a conversation where I believe it was about mame records, where you tried to show dominance and go on about how mame shouldnt count...Thats all I recall from you was chestpuffing..

Edit and add:

If you want to get technical, what stood out most of all, were several key people burying the hatchet, and the drama. THATS what people saw, THATS what changed their feelings, emotions and opinions.
    Last edited by Fleshy; 07-17-2014 at 10:51 AM.
    Josh Jones
    Co-Founder of Gaming World Wide

Former WR Holder on Street Fighter: The Movie (Twin Galaxies)

Current WR Holder on Street Fighter: The Movie (RecordSetter)
    Likes RTM, Ripper liked this post
  10. 07-17-2014, 11:56 AM
    Greetings

I for one applaud Jace for this post. The "future" road sign images express better than words the main points.

Indeed there are still outstanding grievances lingering out there....from some that have hinted at a revelation coming concerning material alluded to in this post. I have been inadvertently pulled into discussions about the same a time or two....and I have attempted to convey many of the points that Jace makes here. It is my hope that it will ring truer coming from him.

I am reminded of the saying: "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it," so remembering the past is important. That said, at some point one needs to, in the words of a popular Disney song, "let it go" in order to move forward. Does that mean it is always easy to do so? Not at all....but not impossible; and imagine what one could accomplish once they focus on the future.

I for one will be patient and wait for things to develop and see what the future holds....not so much for myself, but for currently active and future players going forward.

My $0.02....

- Tim B.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us