I don't get it

1. I don't get it

07-17-2014, 12:54 PM
    So we have a mini-novel posted on the main page about "moving forward" from the grudges of the past, but yet we still can't get a three sentence response to what the envisioned submission process will be?

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but this is getting tiresome. In my opinion, TG's lack of clarity on this issue is completely disrespectful. I've never been one to make waves, but I can't for the life of me think of a single solitary reason why ANY information on this cannot be brought forth.

I stop by here every 3-4 days thinking maybe this is the day they'll post ANYTHING about this, but it seems I'm more likely to win the powerball lottery than receive any sort of response.

If I'm out of line I do apologize. That's not my intent here. I just cannot understand the secrecy involved surrounding such a simple question that has such a straightforward answer.

I know for most of you this is a pretty irrelevant topic as the majority here have the ability to submit scores through a variety of methods, but for those of us without that ability, the question is of tantamount importance to our future in this community.
    Likes Cthulhu liked this post
  2. 07-17-2014, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe View Post
    So we have a mini-novel posted on the main page about "moving forward" from the grudges of the past, but yet we still can't get a three sentence response to what the envisioned submission process will be?

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but this is getting tiresome. In my opinion, TG's lack of clarity on this issue is completely disrespectful. I've never been one to make waves, but I can't for the life of me think of a single solitary reason why ANY information on this cannot be brought forth.

I stop by here every 3-4 days thinking maybe this is the day they'll post ANYTHING about this, but it seems I'm more likely to win the powerball lottery than receive any sort of response.

If I'm out of line I do apologize. That's not my intent here. I just cannot understand the secrecy involved surrounding such a simple question that has such a straightforward answer.

I know for most of you this is a pretty irrelevant topic as the majority here have the ability to submit scores through a variety of methods, but for those of us without that ability, the question is of tantamount importance to our future in this community.
    I understand that you are frustrated, and appreciate the fact that you are trying to just get what you feel are simple answers.

The fact is that the answers are not simple and can not be produced at this time. The new submission system is not complete yet. It is an entire integrated system, touching on everything from basic submission, to score adjudication to questionable database entries and everything in-between. One thing affects another and until the entire thing is laid out in detail and implemented (which is what we have been working on all this time) there is just no way to tell you exactly what the submission process will be.

Here is an exaggerated example of our challenge:

It is 1959 and we are trying to design and build a rocketship that will take astronauts to the moon. Obviously, everything affects everything in the design. The amount of fuel, the weight, the launching mechanism, etc.

You are an astronaut who is going to go on the trip. You want to know how much luggage you will be able to bring with you and how much room is in the capsule.

We literally don't know. We can't tell you yet. There are too many factors that we need to work through to know what our capacity is. If we just randomly tell you that you can bring 2 carry-ons that weigh 50kg each, we then may have to alter our design to accommodate that which in tern will affect all the other connected systems and then it might be the case the the ship won't make it to the moon.

Obviously we are not making a rocketship, but I'm just trying to provide a context for understanding.

There is no SECRECY. We just literally don't know yet. We can't answer what we don't know. We would answer if we could. Believe me.

All we can ask for is your patience in this matter while we continue to work on the entire system and test and see all the ramifications what it can actually handle and what procedures need to be put in place. Then we will have some answers.

I hope that made sense.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Thanks gopickers thanked this post
  3. 07-17-2014, 02:01 PM
    Jace, thanks for the quick reply to the tc, I had some of the same questions myself.

Is there a soft or hard date for anything yet that you could share? After all, Kennedy did set a goal in 1961 for a man to go to the moon and back by the end of the 60s. :)
    Last edited by JackBando; 07-17-2014 at 02:06 PM.
    Likes kernzyp liked this post
  4. 07-17-2014, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post
    The fact is that the answers are not simple and can not be produced at this time.
    Understood.

On the other hand, you wrote in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by TWIN GALAXIES View Post
    It is important to understand that under the new adjudication system, WR performances are going to be heavily scrutinized, comparatively more so than previous iterations of TG.
    And I was wanting to know if you can expand on this at all at this time. This is not a technical detail but a general question of philosophy and direction, and it is very important to the future of Twin Galaxies.

Anything at all you can share?
  5. 07-17-2014, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastaar View Post
    Understood.

On the other hand, you wrote in another thread:

And I was wanting to know if you can expand on this at all at this time. This is not a technical detail but a general question of philosophy and direction, and it is very important to the future of Twin Galaxies.

Anything at all you can share?
    One of the goals of the system is to have a method where reviewed performances are able to be scrutinized much harder for cheating than in the past, since methods of cheating can be more sophisticated these days. That is what was meant.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  6. 07-17-2014, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JackBando View Post
    Jace, thanks for the quick reply to the tc, I had some of the same questions myself.

Is there a soft or hard date for anything yet that you could share? After all, Kennedy did set a goal in 1961 for a man to go to the moon and back by the end of the 60s. :)
    There is no soft or hard date. It is literally being done "as fast as possible." There is nothing in front of it.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  7. 07-17-2014, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JackBando View Post
    RTM REPLY - true, but then again, Kennedy had 10,000+ people at NASA working on it for him in addition to everyone else involved. Jace's team thus far is I have to imagine WAAAY smaller than that !!
  8. 07-17-2014, 06:52 PM
    True. I just wished there was something the community could know, a progress bar or something.

As an example, I'm currently playing Blizzard's Hearthstone. In April they announced an expansion coming out in the summer. In early June it became "July". Today it became "July 22nd".

That's what I'd like TG to say "We're on track for the submission process and such by ____ of 20__." Jace said that's not really possible in post #6 though.
  9. 07-17-2014, 07:35 PM
    Well, keep in mind how long it took between announcement and release of "Diablo III" by Blizzard. Some things happen on time, some things go well into the realm of delays. At least we have a good feeling that TG is in the hands of someone who cares.
  10. 07-17-2014, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    *Well, keep in mind how long it took between announcement and release of "Diablo III" by Blizzard. Some things happen on time, some things go well into the realm of delays.
    **At least we have a good feeling that TG is in the hands of someone who cares.

*4 years. Between those 4 years were announcements regarding process and the release date kept getting tightened is my point

** I agree.
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Join us