I don't get it

1. 07-17-2014, 10:18 PM
    that's it........

if TG doesn't post any info on their submission process soon I WILL PUBLICLY POST THE HIDDEN REFEREE FORUM FOR EVERYONE TO READ!!!!
  2. 07-17-2014, 10:58 PM
    Outside of the fact that (A) you publicly admitted having access to TG's confidential intellectual property rights and (B) you issued a cyber threat over the world wide web, what purpose would doing so serve ?
  3. 07-18-2014, 03:40 AM
    the anticipation stuff reminds me of......
    Star Wars.
    Remember when we all saw it for the first time in 77-78. And the sounds of R2-D2 and the laser shots were so profoundly novel.

Then it was media silence for a long time waiting for the Empire Strikes Back.
    The anticipation was huge.
    And then the day came to sit in the theater. the first boom of the symphony comes on and you are transported right back to where the first left off. It was a glorious thing.

Multi-Media of the 2K generation has numbed us up a bit about savoring a wait, and created a sense of immediate gratification, maybe.

Can you hear me now? Can you hear me now?
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
  4. 07-18-2014, 08:13 AM
    guys it was a joke.

i dont have such material. in fact i didnt even know such material even existed until i read jace's article.

but i thought it would be funny to post because we are ALL eagerly awaiting for the submission rules.
  5. 07-18-2014, 08:26 AM
    Erockbox is Eric Scafer, who used to go by "Fellowroot" on the old TG forums. In 2010 he did two amazing runs on StreetFighter II for the SNES that stick in my memory. One was a perfect run. So I don't understand the comment he left above. Perhaps he's only joking around.
  6. 07-18-2014, 08:35 AM
    I do appreciate Mr. Hall taking the time to respond to the post. The fact that you have done such an amazing job with every other aspect of TG is what makes the lack of information on the submission process all the more "frustrating." I would expect previous TG iterations to turn a deaf ear to questions and concerns, but you actually seem to care about and respond to the gaming public.

Once in a blue moon, when I have a night off from work, I get the bug to go after some record. However the realization then creeps in that my recorded tape of game footage might not "qualify" for the new submission process, so ultimately I decide against playing as the whole enterprise could very well wind up being a complete waste of time. If by chance I do get the record I was going for, the whole situation would become even more aggravating.

I am also not getting any younger, and as each month passes, the amount of time I devote to video games seems to decline at an exponential rate. There are a handful of records that I'd like to pursue, and a few more that I have recorded on VHS tape in anticipation of submitting years ago before TG self-destructed under the misguided leadership of previous regimes.

I hope nobody views me as a spoiled man-child demanding answers. Ultimately my life will go on with or without TG submissions without missing much of a beat.
  7. 07-18-2014, 10:28 AM
    Andrew, I understand your feelings. I'm getting older and have more family responsibilities now than I did when I started at TG, so the times that I feel motivated to go for a record (and have time for it) are few and far between. That said, I haven't been able to submit records on my favorite platforms for over 3 years due to the varying states of dysfunction at TG for that entire length of time. I basically just gave up on TG a few years ago and moved on to other things. I haven't regretted it.

If the submission process is functional by the end of this year, I would consider that acceptable given the state of things and the fact that TG has been broken for so long.

It's kind of like taking a long road trip. The closer you get to your destination, the harder it is to be patient. We've been without TG's services for a long time, and now that we are getting close to being able to submit records again, it is tough to be patient. I'll probably never submit a record again so it's easy for me to say be patient, but just be encouraged that things have been getting done slowly but surely, and focus on the good.
  8. 07-18-2014, 11:33 AM
    I have a sinking feeling that the long wait is due to trying to come up with a proper PAYMENT SYSTEM for submissions.

Nobody should ever have to pay to submit a score. It's ridiculous.

If that's the case, do what others have done...just record your gameplay and put it on YouTube.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but if you want money to maintain Twin Galaxies, do it through web advertising. Don't tie the hands of gamers who are putting just as much time into perfecting their gameplay as anyone does maintaining this site and verifying scores.

I read the "past is the past" diatribe on the front page. I agree that a clean slate is needed to move forward. But something that must be in place for Twin Galaxies to survive in the future is transparency in the officiating process. I've been ripped off by a ref here before (won't name names), and if you bring those same "loyal" people back, we players must be able to see the meal being cooked or you'll be back to where you were when you bought this thing.
  9. 07-18-2014, 11:39 AM
    I don't know what Jace has in mind, but I'm willing to bet it has NOTHING to do with a payment-based system. He said right from the start that taking money for submissions is unacceptable and that TG would not be charging for scores while he was running things. It's on the site somewhere.
  10. 07-18-2014, 12:37 PM
    I hope that's the case. I really do.
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Join us