I don't get it

1. 08-11-2014, 10:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Elle View Post
    Many of my WR's are in games that require I be "seen". Which, under old policies I had no problems.But I have real issues with the types of video's I am required to submit, possibly being open to the public. I may subjected to a different kind of scrutiny and possible harassment, if I am required to "put myself out there" with my recordings. There has to be be some sort of assurance that my videos (or screenshots of them) cannot be seen outside of the TG realm. I really am open to peer/trustworthy VERIFIED member observations and votes...but I am NOT willing to sacrifice my dignity, gamer credibility or good name, because someone wants to troll, harass and drag me through the mud.
    I'd hadn't thought about these games (Just Dance, Dance Central, etc.) being under the new "public" view system. I've got submissions on these too and admit I would not be willing to submit footage under "public review" conditions. At home, among family, is one thing with a beedy-eye pointing in the room but I have enough confidence issues without my belly-wobbles being on public display.
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Likes Megamatt79 liked this post
  2. 08-12-2014, 12:45 AM
    That is an excellent point that gamer "Elle" makes...about being physically seen. While the gameplay itself can be transparent, what about the gamer's personal privacy ?

This is a little tricky on a number of fronts. I'll start with the obvious...marathon performances. Clearly these have a whole different consideration than other performances in that people eventually (depending on the duration of the performance) have to do something that is quite personal. You can easily see why a gamer wants the "performance" limited to the gameplay.

On top of that, as is the case with all performances, it comes down to whose hand is on the controller. In a "live" performance with witnesses this tends to be a non-issue, but with streaming performances, depending on the camera angle/focus, you can envision a number of possibilities happening there.

This is going to have to be a policy decision for Jace to discuss with his team. Clearly "transparency" needs to be discussed in terms of gameplay privacy separate from gamer privacy.
    Likes Megamatt79, Team Mayh3m liked this post
  3. 08-12-2014, 02:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    At home, among family, is one thing with a beedy-eye pointing in the room but I have enough confidence issues without my belly-wobbles being on public display.
    The solution to the belly-wobbles is to continue to play "(Just Dance, Dance Central, etc.)" and I'm sure the belly will go away. :-)
    Stephen K. Boyer
    Former Twin Galaxies Sr. Referee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 1,517,380 ( Arcade Medium World Record )
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 788,970 ( Arcade Medium NO POW World Record )
    Mario Bros. Single Player MEDIUM 4,260,210 ( MAME World Record )
    Likes Barthax, Megamatt79 liked this post
  4. 08-12-2014, 02:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1500points View Post

EDIT- The image insert stuff on this forum is terrible. I uploaded images but can't figure out how to get them to show.
    Using images from the other site says they are too large for this site.... ahem. :)
    We have now fixed this issue. Please try again!
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  5. 08-12-2014, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    The solution to the belly-wobbles is to continue to play "(Just Dance, Dance Central, etc.)" and I'm sure the belly will go away. :-)
    LOL Alas, my will power isn't enough. :(
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  6. 04-26-2019, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GIV
    Even video evidence will be questioned in the future. There is nothing short of time travel that will prove the past.A record is something that puts you on the map. But displaying world record-level skill in a live environment again and again is what proves that you are the best. You have to keep proving it.Being so attached to your old accomplishments limits you, anyway. Always aim higher.
    Time Travel is an amazing thing, George!!
    It was the Triforce Leechfest. Thanks for asking.
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
Join us