Scores achieved at Kong Off 3

1. 08-22-2014, 08:16 PM
    Smh....and this is why I rarely even step foot here half the time. Im glad its coming back, but bloodfire, the drama continues to come around somehow..
    Josh Jones
    Co-Founder of Gaming World Wide

Former WR Holder on Street Fighter: The Movie (Twin Galaxies)

Current WR Holder on Street Fighter: The Movie (RecordSetter)
  2. 09-08-2014, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeutraLiTe View Post
    Since when did you start caring about legitimate DK scores? I can't help but be reminded of this debacle:
    http://i.imgur.com/3PkhEIe.jpg
    Sorry, but I still don't get this. Why wouldn't PSP be interested in legitimate DK scores?

What is the significance of "L=22"?
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  3. 09-08-2014, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastaar View Post
    Sorry, but I still don't get this. Why wouldn't PSP be interested in legitimate DK scores?

What is the significance of "L=22"?
    I'm not going to elaborate any further unless PSP continues being a man-child on this forum. If he could actually behave like the professional he portrays himself to be, he would come in here and settle the matter himself. I doubt you'll ever see that happen.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes marky d, datagod liked this post
  4. 09-08-2014, 05:09 PM
    I'm not going to elaborate any further unless PSP continues being a man-child on this forum. If he could actually behave like the professional he portrays himself to be, he would come in here and settle the matter himself. I doubt you'll ever see that happen.
    Yea, He needs to (pause)"Settle It on The Screen". If you know what I mean. Every Friday night on Twin Galaxies Live 7:30PM EST/ 10:30PM PST.
  5. 09-25-2014, 07:37 PM
    Well, maybe someone else could explain. I know L=22 is the last level of Donkey Kong because of the killscreen, but why would anyone getting to it constitute a "debacle"?
  6. 11-17-2014, 05:34 AM
    Sorry I'm late to the ball game, but I cannot rightfully sit on this topic now that I've seen it. I've not read eery comment, but I;m going to hit the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by xelnia
    There are zero reasons why a "write-up" should be considered proof.

An official write up from the official referees at an official event is NOT Zero proof, it is the official record at the time. Compared to how JACE wants to run things it may well be but Jace wasn't in charge then.

I think every forgets three key things about Scott.

1. Scott was a Division Manager for TwinGalaxies. Second highest attainable rank in the referee organizational system. Alder used the same system. Thefore Scott's opinion of how that system should have worked, is extremely relevant and valid, as compared to the general public. Some of us have held various positions, from the referee pool that never got fully on board up through senior ref. To a greater or lesser extent, we've seen first hand HOW akward and counter intuitive the system is. This is what Jace is having to deal with.

2. From Scott's view, he is a a major former TGI authority. Which means on matters concerning how things were done on and under TGI, he feels he bears some responsibility and interest in TG's continued existence. Regardless of what you think his current relevance is, he will always carry that standard because its a personal part of his past.

3. Regardless of anything else, Scott is a player advocate, and it is high on his list of priorities in gaming culture. Working with a new administration in necessary closed door practices is not exactly his cup of tea. The reason Scott got involved in this in the FIRST place is because he is a player advocate.

Now in general as to the Kong OFF 3 deal.

The end of the day, the Kong off 3 was a great event, great meet up, but the players are not yet recognized by the official event they were given, for their efforts. That is what the problem is, will, and is being worked on. NO ONE here can deny this.

The fastest way to get this resolved is to get Alder and company involved to assist Jace's staff in resolving this issue. I'm sure, given Jace Hall's understand of how things work, and the issues of that Era of TG, that this is probably not going to happen and all efforts to make it happen have been exhausted on Jace's part.

Therefore, depsite what anyone has to say, including PSP or "Airplane Pete", this is completely Jace Hall's process at this point, and he can and will get it resolved on his terms, and there;s not really anything anyone else, SAVE FOR Alder's group, can do to speed things up
    Please join: International Classic Gaming Federation and GU

Paul's Gamer Zone Arcade/Game room in Canton Ohio. Worth a visit...or 100.

"I say, I say, figures every time I add 2 and 2 I get a four legged smart aleck machine"

Max At Once WR's: 30 2/5/09

Zelda E2Q Progress: 75%
  7. 04-26-2019, 04:59 PM
    I was rumaging around an abandoned graveyard. In the scariest, darkest crypt i found a shrivelled human heart next to a fake Gucci purese. inside the purse were Cat's notes. Scores from the Kong off, and phone numbers for the local morgue.

Creepy!
    01101000 01100001 01101000 01100001
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Likes Marcade liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Join us