Pole Position Date Error

1. Pole Position Date Error

08-12-2014, 09:42 AM
    This is such a simple correction to make and has been requested numerous times and nothing is ever done.

The date for the record on Pole Position I is wrong, very wrong.

The date was July 1, 1984.

Over a year ago Les Lagier (the record holder), Mike Klug (the second place holder) and myself (the referee) discussed this in person. The facts are not in question. We are 110% in agreement.

It was done on my game at the Space Shuttle Arcade at the tail end of the Video Game Masters Tournament in that year.

Mike and myself viewed and verified Les' score on the game right after it was set. There is NO doubt or confusion on this. As I was on the phone with Walter Day at the time, the score was immediately reported to Walter. Someone, somehow, changed the date and it has remained in error forevermore.

Please fix this error as soon as possible.

Thanks to anyone who can get this done.
  2. 08-12-2014, 04:27 PM
    As a former referee myself I am quite sure that accuracy in the database is something that Jace aspires to, but at this very moment the rollout is still very much in progress as is the final decision-making process on submission and adjudication.

If every score in error was presented like this in a separate thread it could easily be lost amidst the masses. I would suggest that a separate thread dedicated to score corrections...a checklist for his staff...would be ideally suited for this purpose.

At present there is no one single score that is more or less important than another that needs to be corrected, and quite possibly there are hundreds by now. Jace's team would benefit most from an organizational approach when it comes to cleaning house with administrative matters, I think.
  3. 09-20-2015, 07:26 AM
    Jace and Franny this is Wayne's second request. Thank you.
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
  4. 09-20-2015, 01:44 PM
    I played this game a few times and the only submitted score got me 11th on the list.
    I currently have the MAME score beat. The inp / wlf is securely stored with other cruisn usa and important game(s) under the file "Don't Submit".
    When the time is right, ill post the top 5 arcade score video and the mame inp.
  5. 09-20-2015, 02:20 PM
    Pole Position was the king of arcades in the arcades, unfortunately most all of the pcbs died due to a particular unreplaceable component.
    An FPGA is in the works which might help return this title to its proper place of significance in the golden age timeline.

Why are you sandbagging your scores? Always fun to see high quality racing on this title.
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
  6. 09-20-2015, 10:50 PM
    This is resolved . Please check and update the status on your original post

Regards
    Twingalaxies Staff

Quote Originally Posted by waynec444 View Post
    This is such a simple correction to make and has been requested numerous times and nothing is ever done.

The date for the record on Pole Position I is wrong, very wrong.

The date was July 1, 1984.

Over a year ago Les Lagier (the record holder), Mike Klug (the second place holder) and myself (the referee) discussed this in person. The facts are not in question. We are 110% in agreement.

It was done on my game at the Space Shuttle Arcade at the tail end of the Video Game Masters Tournament in that year.

Mike and myself viewed and verified Les' score on the game right after it was set. There is NO doubt or confusion on this. As I was on the phone with Walter Day at the time, the score was immediately reported to Walter. Someone, somehow, changed the date and it has remained in error forevermore.

Please fix this error as soon as possible.

Thanks to anyone who can get this done.
  7. 06-15-2020, 07:11 PM
    Bumping this for @admin staff for clarification:

The date change requested by the OP was carried out and was visible as part of the Pole Position track in 2018:

Name:  PPdates1.png
Views: 27
Size:  55.9 KB

But according to the current leaderboard, the date reverted to 30 June 1986, which was the date reflected in the first edition of the Twin Galaxies Official Video Game & Pinball Book of World Records (1998):

Name:  PPdates2.png
Views: 27
Size:  124.5 KB

I wanted to confirm if the date reversion was an error.
  8. 06-15-2020, 09:44 PM
    Issue is resolved
  9. 06-16-2020, 05:32 AM
    Thanks for your confirmation!
Join us