Article: Preview of Twin Galaxies’ Score Submission and Adjudication Process

1. Article: Preview of Twin Galaxies’ Score Submission and Adjudication Process

11-24-2014, 05:06 AM
  2. 11-24-2014, 05:53 AM
    good to hear :)
  3. 11-24-2014, 05:54 AM
    Hmm... long read and interesting. The cynic in me wants to scream that TG will only recognise records if the gamer has been a long-standing adjudicator.
  4. 11-24-2014, 09:07 AM
    I would say "I can't wait", but obviously I have no choice and must wait. Given the detail being put into the announcments, I have extreme confidence in the system being put together.
  5. 11-24-2014, 11:19 AM
    Alright, Yay!
  6. 11-24-2014, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Hmm... long read and interesting. The cynic in me wants to scream that TG will only recognise records if the gamer has been a long-standing adjudicator.
    The system physically and programmatically does not work like that. So you need to tell the cynic in you that it needs to be more logical about the logical process.

How long you have been an adjudicator has no programmatic connection to your score submissions.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  7. 11-24-2014, 01:21 PM
    Wow, great to see a detailed outline finally come to light! You guys have obviously been keeping busy. I'll admit, it's going to take me another read through to get a firm grasp on everything, but it looks pretty solid from what I can tell.

Can't wait to see it implemented and in action. Keep it up, all!
    Likes classicgeek liked this post
  8. 11-24-2014, 06:37 PM
    I want to submit something as soon as this opens, but how can I submit if I haven't adjudicated any scores. There will be no scores to adjudicate, since no one will have adjudicated scores to be able to submit - if that makes sense :D
    Likes Boofhead liked this post
  9. 11-24-2014, 07:19 PM
    So there is accept and reject. What about undecided as in a tie? Also there may be some players out there who simply only want to set records and who do not want to partake in evaluating submission. According to this system you must evaluate submission. Is this so that the submissions don't over flood the site? I know that some people just want to play and then submit and that's it. Also did you hire a mathematician/computer programmer to come up with all of those algorithms?
  10. 11-24-2014, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    I want to submit something as soon as this opens, but how can I submit if I haven't adjudicated any scores. There will be no scores to adjudicate, since no one will have adjudicated scores to be able to submit - if that makes sense :D
    Everyone will start off with the ability to submit 1 score.

:)
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Thanks John73 thanked this post
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Join us