Article: Preview of Twin Galaxies’ Score Submission and Adjudication Process

1. 12-16-2014, 08:14 PM
    What Chris said about how the position of TG changed radically depending on the changing hands of ownership...this is not unlike real-life politics where one administration's make-up of the Supremes leans towards supporting key cases like "Roe-v-Wade" while another administration's session make-up leans towards a reversal.

Some decisions and policies, once established, cannot "flip-flop" depending on who is in charge, else you can imagine how chaotic things would be in major sports like baseball, football, basketball and soccer if the replay rules changed every time a new Chairperson/Top-Official was in charge.

Or worse, imagine in baseball if a new Commissioner decided to reverse the Pete Rose ruling after decades, and then once that commissioner retires the next one re-instates the ban again.

Some policies, once established, CANNOT be changed unless there was a truly flawed decision-making process when said policy was originally drafted.
    Likes marky d liked this post
  2. 12-16-2014, 08:16 PM
    As for the "Joust" doubles score in question, I would petition that since TG management were live witnesses to the event, AND as there was a covenant agreement in spirit at said event whereby records established AT the event would be honoured by TG, then this score was bound by that covenant agreement to be honoured by TG regardless of the happenstance that follows. That's my view.
  3. 12-16-2014, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    What Chris said about how the position of TG changed radically depending on the changing hands of ownership...
    I wasn't talking about TG ownership. I was talking about the gaming community itself.
    Last edited by SanTe; 12-16-2014 at 08:58 PM.
  4. 12-16-2014, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by d3scride View Post
    Yeah that's a tough spot Don. I was at KO3 and remember seeing some postings about several scores that were achieved. I feel like situations like this are pretty rare, and although I feel like somewhat of a hypocrite, I would probably vote it as legit based on your reputation, vouching, past postings, etc. That being said, going forward I feel like it's going to be pretty tough to get a score to pass without video.

The KO3 scores which were verified by TG staff at that time and event are a separate matter and pre-date the new submission process.

They will be handled separately. I just need to thoroughly look into the matter which I have not yet had time to do.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Likes Barra liked this post
  5. 12-20-2014, 06:04 PM
    okay sorry i;m late to the party, but I have some serious issues with this,

Issue #1

Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall

Of course in both of the above cases, whether your score is accepted or not, if the system correctly identifies you as cheating or attempting to cheat in any of these manners you will get automatically banned for life and all of your scores in the database fall into question and get an asterisk. So, if you don't mind the risk and really feel that the above items are clearly system flaws, you may want to test your assertions with confidence.
    This is a scary thought, as it is no doubt intended to be, However more so as I get the implication there is an automated system doing this, please tell me its at an at least 3 person panel that has to review any life time bans.

Issue #2

I think that the credibility system should also take into factor if you have submitted for the game and track, how many times, and your scoreboard position, thes epeopel know FAR more about that game the the genral populace. making all games "equal" for each score is not productive. Good example, is say I have a score of 10000, all of which is basically earned legitimately by guitar hero and racing games, with all those tracks. NES/SNES/GENS side scrolling knowledge I wouldn't have any( I;m doing this opposite of what I am knowledgeable on because of the preponderance of tracks for these games.) My weight is hugely offsetting to the people that know there is a flaw in Blaster Master that allows the player to NOT take damage while walking on the bottom of the screen in top down mod, say only 4 other people vote all yes. I cast a reject ballot and leave, don't bother to check the thread or anything my ballot tips the submission to reject, and I'm wrong. now imagine of this happens with more then one person.

In this case, the challenge system would have to be used, wasting your staff's time and your money. where as if you weight the votes of those that have Several submissions and a high score rank for that game, and deflate the other guys votes a little bit you could prevent that from happening,
    Please join: International Classic Gaming Federation and GU

Paul's Gamer Zone Arcade/Game room in Canton Ohio. Worth a visit...or 100.

"I say, I say, figures every time I add 2 and 2 I get a four legged smart aleck machine"

Max At Once WR's: 30 2/5/09

Zelda E2Q Progress: 75%
    Likes MOS liked this post
  6. 12-22-2014, 02:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    where as if you weight the votes of those that have Several submissions and a high score rank for that game, and deflate the other guys votes a little bit you could prevent that from happening,
    This would just generate a different weighting system which can keep the guys currently at the top collectively blocking any new tactics which would defeat their scores. Take the Berzerk arcade game: the "random" play vs. pattern play argument: if the "random" play guys were around to see the first pattern play decimate their scores they could easily have got together to deny the pattern play score from entering the scoreboard.
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  7. 12-22-2014, 03:46 AM
    it doesn;t need that much weight. just enough to where a couple of high ranking people who don;t know stuff, can't override several people that DO know stuff.
    Likes MOS liked this post
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
Join us