Celebrating 25 Years at the Top !!

1. 12-16-2014, 04:50 AM
    I'm Steve Wagner, my friend who is good at Champion Baseball is Mark Visser
  2. 12-16-2014, 08:07 PM
    Thanks, Stephen...adjusted accordingly. I removed "Champion Baseball" but added "Pac-Land" to the 25+ year list
  3. 01-01-2015, 12:34 PM
    Now that we are finally in 2015...when time permits...I am going to review the TG database for (A) unbeaten arcade world records set in 1990 and (B) 2nd place records set in 1990 that were beaten within the past several years. I'll create a new schedule accordingly.
  4. 01-03-2015, 11:20 PM
    Well, I've updated the listing based on a complete review of the TG database and have substantially increased the roster of scores that are seemingly unbeatable...there are simply no active and viable contenders.

One interesting byproduct of my findings...the following MIGHT be the oldest unbeaten arcade records as held by female gamers...

Penguin-Kun Wars
    Original Champion - Andrea Rimicci (1985)
    NOTE - MARP record is higher

Star Fire
    Original Champion (Undisputed) - Laura Curran (1982)

Stinger
    Original Champion - Andrea Prioia (1984)
    NOTE - MARP score is higher
  5. 01-04-2015, 12:35 AM
    Hi Rob.

Thanks again for all the time you invested in making those lists! Great read.

Your mention of the Laura Curran STAR FIRE record jogged my memory to an article by PSP a few years ago. According to Scott, the Curran record is in fact the LONGEST standing of ALL the arcade records. Here's a link to the article....

http://www.examiner.com/article/long...ecord-revealed

john
  6. 01-04-2015, 12:40 AM
    Hi John:

Actually the longest-standing aspect is debatable. Walter "lost" a good portion of the records set on some of the 1978-1982 titles from the earliest days of TG...there was link he posted on this awhile back, possibly it can be found via the "Wayback Machine". I also know that subsequently a small portion of the estimated 300 lost records were later found by someone (also posted on the old TG forum).

Thus should any of the 1981 TG records be re-ratified at some point that would supplant Laura's record status as being the longest with whichever of the 1981 records is re-ratified.

Oh yes...while I did put a lot of work into this the commensurate margin for error increases since I did this solely by flipping screens. If anyone catches an error or omission please let me know and I shall address as soon as I see either your reply or PM. Thanks !!
    Last edited by RTM; 01-04-2015 at 12:43 AM.
  7. 01-04-2015, 12:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Hi John:

Actually the longest-standing aspect is debatable.!!
    No problem Robert. Just thought I'd mention it.

BTW, I forgot to ask in my last post, what was the reason that your informer gave for the PORTMAN record to probably not be possible?

john

8. 01-04-2015, 01:22 AM
    That one came from Dwayne...can't remember the exact reason but he raised a point when I first crafted the update to the original article.
  9. 01-04-2015, 01:48 PM
    Excellent list, Robert.

I saw Stargate [Marathon] there, but not

Defender [Marathon]: 79,976,975 Chriss Hoffman 1984-06-02

This is the correct spelling of his name (he's in our facebook group "Williams Defender Players Unite"), and the correct date - Mark Alpiger looked it up for me in 'TG Book 2' (Twin Galaxies' Official Video Game & Pinball Book of World Records).
    DEFENDER: 999.975 pts (Blue Roms / max difficulty: 99-99 / Bonus ship level: 10K)
  10. 01-04-2015, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOS View Post
    Excellent list, Robert.

I saw Stargate [Marathon] there, but not

Defender [Marathon]: 79,976,975 Chriss Hoffman 1984-06-02

This is the correct spelling of his name (he's in our facebook group "Williams Defender Players Unite"), and the correct date - Mark Alpiger looked it up for me in 'TG Book 2' (Twin Galaxies' Official Video Game & Pinball Book of World Records).
    Also, I believe Chriss mentioned he employed the "10-man drop" to freeze the game for breaks, which was not an illegal tactic back then. So once again some old scores are apples to oranges for what would be accepted nowadays.
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Join us