Nintendo Entertainment System - Lifeforce - NTSC - Points - 12235790 - Glen Jr.

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Nintendo Entertainment System - Lifeforce - NTSC - Points - 12235790 - Glen Jr.

01-03-2015, 08:20 PM
    NTSC - Points
    Rules
    Factory Default [No Codes Allowed]
    Special Rules: Your scoring attempts ends when either lose your last life OR if you get bumped back due to NOT properly defeating the final Boss, even if by accident. [You get bumped back if you don't destroy the "Heart' of the final boss.] Please note that the game DOES loop over with your score intact, so you may continue on.
    Submission Message
    This run was done back in February 2014. I did this run while broadcasting through both my own Twitch channel and being hosted on Twin Galaxies Live or 1337 Lounge back then. The console flash or bootup is around a minute and a half in my twitch video. I also restart the run at 6 minutes and 20 seconds in the video, but I do a full bootup. The broadcast from TGL started a little late, but I will provide that as well. Sorry the game audio is a little low.

Twitch Page Link: https://www.twitch.tv/ninglendo/c/3655602

Twin Galaxies Live Broadcast
    Part 1: https://www.twitch.tv/1337loungelive/c/3662212
    Part 2: https://www.twitch.tv/1337loungelive/c/3662232
  2. 01-04-2015, 08:16 AM
    This is a LONG video. :) I skipped through it and watched the power-on, etc. Are there any points where you pause the game, take a nap, etc.? I didn't see any, but I'd like to know if there are any points in the video that YOU think might be controversial.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
  3. 01-04-2015, 04:03 PM
    Didn't take any naps or paused. The most I did was just get up outta my seat and walk around the room a little to stretch. The game was left unpaused during this time and I lost lives while stretching.
  4. 01-04-2015, 06:31 PM
    Impressive!
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
  5. 01-04-2015, 09:44 PM
    I skipped around to see various parts of this. Looks legit to me.
    Impressive score!
  6. 01-04-2015, 09:50 PM
    Do you at any point show the actual console?
  7. 01-04-2015, 11:27 PM
    l_rendered = '
    Quote Originally Posted by . datagod;749314 .
    ' . Do you at any point show the actual console? . '
    This is something I've seen come up in a few submissions - is this a requirement? I was unsure of whether or not it would be more credible to capture directly or point a camera at the screen or whatnot. I have quite a few console records queued up that are captured from the VCR, which I assumed was the standard at the time. What about for cases of streaming like Glen's? It necessitates a direct capture for maximum viewability.
  8. 01-05-2015, 05:42 AM
    l_rendered = '
    Quote Originally Posted by . hanasu;749326 .
    ' . l_rendered = '

This is something I've seen come up in a few submissions - is this a requirement? I was unsure of whether or not it would be more credible to capture directly or point a camera at the screen or whatnot. I have quite a few console records queued up that are captured from the VCR, which I assumed was the standard at the time. What about for cases of streaming like Glen's? It necessitates a direct capture for maximum viewability. . '
    '
    The requirements are ultimately up to the judging community. The main point is to simply be reasonable.
  9. 01-05-2015, 05:55 AM
    I think that for historical streams such as what Ninglendo and Rudy did on 1337LoungeLive, witnessed by thousands of people it is reasonable that they did not have to show the console, as there was no adjudication system at the time.

Moving forward, I would recommend that people provide video of their console. I just watched Michael Sroka's recent submission, and he provided two videos which was very helpful.
    Likes 24Karat liked this post
  10. 01-05-2015, 01:26 PM
    Sorry guys for the delay in my answer I have been working at my job all day. Anyways, when I did the run it was almost a year ago. At that time TG was kind of in limbo and nobody knew what was up. I did the run, but I followed the old guidelines which was to show the "console flash" at the start up. In the future though when I do some more scores I will be sure to get a camera setup where you will be able to see me, the tv screen, the console, and I will have a direct capture going. I want to make everything I do as credible as possible. I do have other submissions following the old guidelines but I am on the fence right now on if I want to submit them. I guess really it is what the community decides. Hope that explains some stuff!
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod, timhett liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us