M.A.M.E. - Mario Bros. [US] - Points [ Single Player: MEDIUM ] - 4260210 - Stephen K. Boyer

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. M.A.M.E. - Mario Bros. [US] - Points [ Single Player: MEDIUM ] - 4260210 - Stephen K. Boyer

01-04-2015, 10:35 AM
    Points [ Single Player: MEDIUM ]
    Rules
    ROMSet: Mario
    Lives: 3
    Bonus Life: 20000
    Difficulty: Medium
    Special Rules: This is a Single Player ONLY variation!
    NOTE: In MAME 1.06 the dip switches are backwards for MEDIUM & HARD. MEDIUM is actually HARD and HARD is actually MEDIUM. Please set your dip switches to HARD as this will be the tracking for MEDIUM difficulty.
    Submission Message
    This MAME score was achieved on April 26, 2014.

This is the first Mario Bros. score on MAME to break 4 million and was only the 2nd time 4 million was ever achieved between arcade and MAME until just recently. I got 2,507,260 on my first man and ended up with a final score of 4,260,210.

I tried to upload a video but it would never go through so I'm posting the youtube link.

You can also download the INP file and play this back in MAME.
  2. 01-04-2015, 12:00 PM
    Personally, I can't accept this submission.(Before you read on, please know that I believe this score is 100% legit)

No INP is available. This should be provided with EVERY MAME submission, by the submitter.
    There's no way to tell what DIPS were used nor what MAME version was used.
    Other information contained in the INP (eg recording speed) is not available

I know this is being super anal, but that's my nature when it comes to letting submissions through. I'd hope people enforce the same standads when I submit something.

That being said, I'm not clicking reject on this submission either, out of respect for Stephen.

[dropped]2c[/dropped]
  3. 01-04-2015, 12:31 PM
    I may have been a bit hasty in my judgement and subsequent reply.
    It seems some of us are having trouble with the attachments, which is likely the reason Stephen has not uploaded his INP here.
    :)
    Likes Ripper liked this post
  4. 01-04-2015, 02:53 PM
    l_rendered = '
    Quote Originally Posted by . Barra;749180 .
    ' . I may have been a bit hasty in my judgement and subsequent reply.
    It seems some of us are having trouble with the attachments, which is likely the reason Stephen has not uploaded his INP here.
    :) . '
    You are exactly right! :-)

Things I tried to do here are upload the full video and it would not go through. I waited for 2 hours and it just would not go through. Even tried a 2nd and 3rd time with no luck. I also tried to add an attachment and it would not let me. And I also had the link to download the INP but that was rejected or just didn't show up here. since I can't post a link I'll just tell you it's on MARP. I'll TRY to add that link here again but I'm not sure it will show up. ----> http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/1/5/3/...10_wolf106.zip

It's MAME 1.06, MEDIUM difficulty.
    Stephen K. Boyer
    Former Twin Galaxies Sr. Referee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 1,517,380 ( Arcade Medium World Record )
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 788,970 ( Arcade Medium NO POW World Record )
    Mario Bros. Single Player MEDIUM 4,260,210 ( MAME World Record )
    Likes Barra liked this post
  5. 01-04-2015, 03:15 PM
    With Stephen's link to the inp, I have voted 'accepted'. Wolf 106 doesn't provide an easy way to check dips, but I have significant experience with this title and can attest this game was played at Medium difficulty.

Great game Mr. Boyer, sir. Congrats!!
    Thanks WCopeland thanked this post
    Likes Ripper, Barra liked this post
  6. 01-04-2015, 04:16 PM
    Finally finished watching this. Awesome run Stephen!! Congrats!!
    www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ9T2XXtI1da6onT_U-2u0Q

Intrepid (Arcade 5-man) 230,960 WR
    Thanks Ripper thanked this post
  7. 01-04-2015, 04:31 PM
    I originally had this posted but the link didn't show. Going to try to post this again. I make this video recently to show which difficulty was used.

On phase 7 the green fireballs will start up exactly when the last two moths reach the center point in the game on MEDIUM. If they start later then it's Easy and if they start before that then it's hard or hardest.
    Stephen K. Boyer
    Former Twin Galaxies Sr. Referee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 1,517,380 ( Arcade Medium World Record )
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 788,970 ( Arcade Medium NO POW World Record )
    Mario Bros. Single Player MEDIUM 4,260,210 ( MAME World Record )
    Thanks xelnia thanked this post
    Likes xelnia liked this post
  8. 01-04-2015, 06:02 PM
    I too accepted this submission. I personally viewed the game several times, uploaded the video to youtube from the inp file myself, and also have experience with the game to know that it has fulfilled all established criteria. Great game!
  9. 01-04-2015, 06:19 PM
    I'm going to vote accept because the INP reference is on MARP but hopefully you're able to add the inp to your sub at a later date. Nice job Stephen!
    Craig Rout Gallant

Current verified TG WRs: 58

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/CraigARG
    MAME World Records channel: http://www.youtube.com/MAMEWorldRecords
  10. 01-04-2015, 07:19 PM
    congrats mate ..lit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast