Dip-Switch Bank 6K:
    1-3 = OFF
    4 = ON
    5 = OFF
    6-7 = ON
    8 = OFF
    Rapid Fire P.C. Board:
    Position A: Rapid Fire
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    3 Lives
    Extra Ship @ 20k, 70k and every 70k thereafter.
    Difficulty: Rank D
    Special Rules: Useage of the trick to cause enemies to stop firing is banned. It has been deemed permissible for a player to intentionally play on the player 2 side so as to allow the millions-digit to show up in the final score.
    Submission Message
    here's my first try at a submission... I didn't have a way to take video of the performance so I tried to take as many pics as possible.

The one thing I will bring up (in the spirit of total and complete honesty and forthrightness) is that the dips were set to 20K 60K 60K and I am aware TG wants it at 70K. I also know as most Galaga players know that while set to 60K you get a total of 20 ships doled out in the game as compared to 18 while set at 70K.
    The point being is that I had 4 ships remaining (2 in reserve) at the point of this score which I sacrificed voluntarily which means I would still be passing 7 million as seen in the photo below at 7,001,000 pts.
    Difficulty settings were also at Hardest since the score would be impossible to get to without it.

The entire game was witnessed by the staff of Arkadia Retrocade of Fayetteville, Ark.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Michael Dietrich
  2. 01-04-2015, 06:23 PM
    ok, the pictures I pasted didn't appear. Here's the link since I can't think of another way... https://www.facebook.com/mdietrich/m...=1&pnref=story
  3. 01-04-2015, 06:54 PM
    Hi Michael,

I hope you are doing well.

Is there any video of your performance? If not, can you build a stronger evidence package? Can you get Shea to post here as the owner of Arkadia confirming you got the score? Can he post pictures of the interior of the machine proving it's not emulated?

Even with all those things I'm not sure it will be enough without a video. I personally believe you got the score and trust whatever Shea says about the matter, but TG is supposed to be held to a very high standard and I doubt other adjudicators will let this one go through.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  4. 01-04-2015, 07:07 PM
    I'm no Galaga expert, but I think what you are wanting is a new track to be added as your current settings do not fall under the TG settings as described.
  5. 01-04-2015, 07:27 PM
    While that is truly an excellent score which I believe to be legit, I cannot upvote this submission based on the settings alone.

You should give it another shot, this time recorded with the correct settings. I'm sure you could push it up over 10m
    Likes datagod liked this post
  6. 01-04-2015, 07:33 PM
    I do not see any photos
    Marine Biologist, Arcade Collector, Outdoor Nut, Amateur Chef
    Robotron 2084, Double Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr Cocktail, Pengo
    Robotron High Scores: Difficulty 5 Marathon Score - 54,144,225; Difficulty 10 Marathon Score - 1,189,850; TGTS Score - 470,975; VKE Score - 620,575
  7. 01-04-2015, 08:16 PM
    For the above, there are no pictures posted. I think given this is a world record claim without a video, it should be rejected, unfortunately.

While I'm not entirely sure of Twin Galaxies' stance as a whole now on whether a video is required for proof, I certainly don't think anyone would allow pictures to replace a world record score in any case. I feel it is not enough evidence, even with witnesses being present.

I think a picture could be valid proof for a world record claim only if a player provided similar gameplay video & a respectable/similar score to the claim.
    I like to destroy games... especially the ones with Mario in them.
    Likes WCopeland liked this post
  8. 01-04-2015, 11:25 PM
    Michael,
    Congratulations on surpassing the 7 million point mark. After looking at the photos on your facebookpage, I believe your score is legit. However, because of the many exceptions your game had in contrast to theTG rules (different dip switch setting and no video), I don’t believe it will beaccepted. A video is a must to getacceptance.
    You have the skills to do it again. I suggest having someone at Arkadia Retrocadeset the dip switches to the correct setting. Maybe the arcade can promote your next attempt which could bring in morewitnesses. Video tape everything, fromstart to finish. Good luck!!!
  9. 01-05-2015, 11:03 AM
    Your honesty about settings is appreciated. Alas, rules are rules. I hope you can submit another score played at the correct settings soon, with at least a snippet or two of video!

Dave
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us