Arcade - Elevator Action - Points [Normal - Difficulty 1] - 156550 - Steve Wagner

User Tag List

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Arcade - Elevator Action - Points [Normal - Difficulty 1] - 156550 - Steve Wagner

01-04-2015, 06:46 PM

Points [Normal - Difficulty 1]
    RulesDip-Switch Bank A:
    1-5 = OFF
    6 = OFF/UNUSED
    7 = OFF
    8 = ON/OFF [Upright/Cocktail]
    Dip-Switch Bank B:
    1-8 = ON
    Dip-Switch Bank C:
    1-2 = OFF
    3-4 = OFF/UNUSED
    5-8 = OFF
    Note: The above Dip Switches, when properly designated, will give the following Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings, used for this title;
    3 Lives
    Bonus Life @ 10,000 Points
    Coin Display
    Year Display
    Difficulty: Very Easy
    Submission MessageThis is a video of me topping my own current #1 arcade score. The score was difficult to pick up at times on my stream so I attempted to show close ups of it on conclusion of the game, it was still a bit fuzzy so I took photos as well. I've submitted the video of the entire game as well as the attempt afterwards to show the inside of the machine, but it was rather dark and I could not seem to adjust the camera brightness without cutting out the broadcast. I've attached pictures taken during the stream of the game to support. The game was broadcast live on Twitch on January 2nd, 2015. I'm having trouble attaching the photos so will post them in the submission thread.
    Likes philt80, gnrgunnar liked this post
  2. 01-04-2015, 06:51 PM
    You Tube clip

Photos attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
  3. 01-04-2015, 07:17 PM
    Like a Boss ..yer buddy my mate wags...
  4. 01-04-2015, 07:23 PM
    congrats sir my mate wags ..yer buddy
  5. 01-04-2015, 07:35 PM
    Score screenshot attached
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  6. 01-04-2015, 07:36 PM
    Sorry for the extra posts all, they didn't show up for me when I posted them. Thanks for your time in checking out the score. Cheers.
  7. 01-04-2015, 07:57 PM
    It was brought to my attention one dip switch is activated that is not supposed to be according to TG settings, that switch is to activate Free Play, first bank, switch 3. EA manual:

You can see Free Play notation on the start up screen, does not affect gameplay.
  8. 01-04-2015, 08:18 PM
    TG Elevator Action tournament settings stipulate the default easiest settings be used with 3 starting lives and an extra @ 10K.

So, not only does having 'Free Play' active NOT affect gameplay, playing Elevator Action for score on any setting other than the easiest is strictly worse for the player, and adjudicators can simply count the number of lives, thus making the showing of dips entirely unnecessary for this track.

Score 'accepted'. Well done Steve!

P.S. The issue of 'Free Play' has already come up in another adjudication thread ( and it's good we're bringing attention to the matter because I, personally, see no reason for the rule to exist.

As TGs new referee staff, I believe we are tasked not just with enforcing TGs old rules, but updating TGs rules to more accurately reflect community wide standards, whether those standards be more lax or more strict.

I'd love to hear opposing opinions.
    Likes tudose, Emayl, pwnasaurus, D.B. Cooper liked this post
  9. 01-04-2015, 08:22 PM
    Watched it earlier today when you sent me the Twitch link...thanks and congrats !!
  10. 01-04-2015, 08:37 PM
    Just an awesome score, Steve! I pray for the day I crack 100,000 :) Such a great game. So tough and addicting.

There are several arcade titles that have DIP settings that should be ON/OFF instead of one way or the other, and the free play setting here is one of them, in my opinion. Another example is switch 7 on that same bank. It controls the screen orientation (normal, upside down). Depending on your monitor or how it's mounted in the cabinet, that setting is crucial to playability and doesn't affect gameplay.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us