M.A.M.E. - Stocker - Points - 54460 - Andrew Barrow

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 01-06-2015, 02:26 PM
    The official Arcade Flyers for the game from Bally Sente also specifically said "A good driver must drive through traffic jams, road blocks, and other hazards while taking every short cut he can find."

Name:  StockerFlyer.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  143.4 KB
  2. 01-06-2015, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash IV View Post
    Question : Why is it acceptable to do shortcuts in this game? I believe the game play is legit, just curious about the shortcuts as they seem to acceptable in this game.
    Andrew can better speak to this, but I believe it's actually impossible to reach the end without using shortcuts.
  3. 01-06-2015, 04:52 PM
    Awesome run !! A few very close calls with the police and a running-on-fumes ending made this a truly exciting record performance to watch. Congrats :)
  4. 01-07-2015, 11:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash IV View Post
    Question : Why is it acceptable to do shortcuts in this game? I believe the game play is legit, just curious about the shortcuts as they seem to acceptable in this game.
    Xelnia is correct - it is impossible to finish this game without taking a shortcut. Its part of the game and as George pointed out, even encouraged by the devs
    In saying that, I have not compared the amount of fuel you get to how long the track would be without taking a shortcut, so I may very well be wrong. It does seem very unlikely, though.

I once thought there may be a bonus for finishing without going off-road, but I chucked the cheats on (unlimited fuel) and only got the bonus for fuel (like 4k points or something)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I'd like to get a 54,5xx on the TG scoreboard but it requires an absurd amount of luck.
  5. 01-07-2015, 11:23 PM
    I haven't see anyone drive this recklessly before ... only in Otago ...

Nice work Barra ... Accepted has been selected ...
    Thanks Barra thanked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Join us