TurboGrafx-16 - Splatterhouse - Points - 627500 - Rudy Ferretti

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. TurboGrafx-16 - Splatterhouse - Points - 627500 - Rudy Ferretti

01-09-2015, 03:25 PM
    Factory Default [Continues are NOT allowed!]
    Special Rules: The only Code permitted is the one that permits you to access Hard Mode. This is done by holding Select until the word Hard appears under the title. This is entirely optional. Your scoring attempt ends when your lives run out OR you defeat the Final Boss for the first time. It's possible to die after delivering the final blow, allowing you to defeat him again and again. This is due to the fact he's 100,000 points, which is worth multiple extra lives.
    Submission Message
    Now this was done on an original TG16 console....

the video provided is a recording over 10 seconds of dead air with power up and non stop play following all TGTS settings and rules, now no console is shown ONLY because the record was done WAY before, I knew TG would be back you can see this run on youtube, recordsetter etc..........

Idk how much higher this score can go however, unlike the arcade version where you can stock pile more lives makes getting a higher score harder , and as I get my CAB for my board set I intend to submit that as well here......

Note you cannot stock more than 4 lives at a time and they stop coming in after around 450k 480k or so. I cannot remember but they do stop depending how well you do with the lives you gain along the way. I think it's 12 or so cannot remember, u will see in the run.....

there is luck involved on stage 6 no question about it but, I can do way higher on arcade just need a cab to do so....
  2. 01-09-2015, 03:45 PM
    Now this was done on an original TG16 console....

the video provided is a recording over 10 seconds of dead air with power up and non stop play following all TGTS settings and rules, now no console is shown ONLY because the record was done WAY before, I knew TG would be back you can see this run on youtube, recordsetter etc..........

Idk how much higher this score can go however, unlike the arcade version where you can stock pile more lives makes getting a higher score harder , and as I get my CAB for my board set I intend to submit that as well here......

Note you cannot stock more than 4 lives at a time and they stop coming in after around 450k 480k or so. I cannot remember but they do stop depending how well you do with the lives you gain along the way. I think it's 12 or so cannot remember, u will see in the run.....

there is luck involved on stage 6 no question about it but, I can do way higher on arcade just need a cab to do so....

Turbo is turned off on the controllers the game is set to hard mode PLEASE be advised in stage six there is lag due to stockpiles of babies from mother brain, so NO it's not a slow motion controller or me pressing start to slow the game down, should you get that far and or have you would know this.....

And yeah some bragging at the end of the video ENJOY

Also the television being used is a 1989 VHS sharp television set I like to play on smaller Televisions. Once I get my back log of older submissions done I intend to show my carts/console and wires from now on and LIVE

That may be a while depending on what and when I submit. I been playing lots of emulators as of late since my stuff is in storage atm

P.S. for the one person that will look at this run and has begged past ref admin to change back the rules that were once changed on me

Make a 2nd variation so they can use the LAST boss glitch thanks TG

and do me a favor guys watch the run 100% don't assume something is missing because you decided to skip it thanks

NOTE: JACE AND TG STAFF THIS IS FOR TG 16 ONLY NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH TG16 WII IN THE DATA BASE PLEASE FIX IT LOOKS LIKE U HAVE TWO IDENTICAL SPLATTERHOUSE AREAS THIS ONE IS TG16 THE OTHER IS WII TG16 THANKS

HAD TO ATTACH LINK TO YOUTUBE WOULD NOT TAKE MY FILES AND YES THEY WERE CORRECT FILE FORMATS

Any questions concerns email me since cannot speak here

That's what Rudy tried to post. Is there submission message text limit?
  3. 01-09-2015, 04:33 PM
    Looks pretty good to me. Nice score
  4. 01-09-2015, 07:43 PM
    I'm marking as approved as this is exactly what players of this title do near the end. But I do have a question in terms of leeching.

I realize in concept why players are trying to exhaust their extra lives, all but the final, on the next-to-final sequence. However, there is a difference between what is being done here and, say, for "1942", "Arkanoid", "Breakthru" and "Rolling Thunder" (all arcade titles).

In the first two examples cited, player may try to bring the enemy down to near-death and then get killed before the final blow, and repeat with subsequent lives. In the later two they try to do as much of the final stage as possible before intentionally dying, as completion offers no additional bonus. But the process, per life, is finite.

My question for Rudy, and I guess this applies to the other top players on the title, has to do with the sequence before the final "boss". Your character will last until it takes enough hits for game death for that life. What happens...devil's advocate here...should a player discover a way to further increase the duration before incurring enough hits to lose a life ? Or worse, a way to keep it going for quite awhile ?

My point being, if it was a guaranteed slow bleed based on the assault, say every 10th enemy was a guaranteed hit on you, then that's pressing until the inevitable happens. But should the technique develop to keep this going for a very extended period of time, at what point does it transgress from point-pressing (allowable) to leeching (disallowed) ?

I'd like to know what the AI is at this point. I've played the game but only sufficiently to finish it and not via pressing at all. So is that end-sequence a guaranteed slow bleed of hearts, or does the potential exists to keep it going further...and if that is the case, at what point does the tactic cross-over from point-pressing to leeching ?

Still gets a thumbs up from me...still, I'd like to know more for my own edification.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  5. 01-09-2015, 09:43 PM
    Robert,
    From watching a near million point game in a recent tourney on MAME the game does somewhat have a timer. If you survive long enough this purple smoke, cloud, or whatever you want to call it appears on the screen and will continually move forward til it kills the player. It is the same purple stuff that you will see in the beginning levels. I hope that helps.

Ninglendo
  6. 01-09-2015, 09:45 PM
    Also, I too am giving this the thumbs up. Good job, Rudy!
    Likes datagod liked this post
  7. 01-09-2015, 10:31 PM
    I too am voting this one up.
    Submission video follows commonly accepted prior guidelines for consoles in showing console flash, displays proper timing for the game and complies with submission rules for the track.

Congrats, Rudy!
  8. 01-09-2015, 11:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    Robert,
    From watching a near million point game in a recent tourney on MAME the game does somewhat have a timer. If you survive long enough this purple smoke, cloud, or whatever you want to call it appears on the screen and will continually move forward til it kills the player. It is the same purple stuff that you will see in the beginning levels. I hope that helps.

Ninglendo

RTM REPLY - thanks !! That mean this is non-leeching and instead is pure point-pressing then, in my book. Much appreciated.
    Likes bigbee99, Ninglendo liked this post
  9. 01-10-2015, 12:48 AM
    Looks good
  10. 01-10-2015, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    Robert,

Ninglendo
    As far as I'm aware the only "leeching" that can be done is on the final boss, using the technique that Robert has described.
    This is explicitly outlined in the rules therefore there should be no problem accepting this submission.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us