Nintendo Entertainment System - Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!/Punch-Out!! - NTSC - Fastest KO/TKO of Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream - 2:8.00 - Michael Girard

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 02-06-2015, 12:53 PM
    This is the original video uploaded here by Mike Girard:

If you pause and unpause the video rapidly as he is turning on the console, it is apparent that the ding noises from the game actually start before the console is even powered on. Light travels faster than sound. During the boot-up sequence (when flashing on screen), the game sound would not be audible until the exact moment after the flash is seen. This is not the case in the above video.

I can also attest to the fact that the videos (at least 3 of them) were uploaded and then deleted from Mike Girard's account, and I know that these were not uploaded to a troll account or impostor's because the above video that Mike Girard posted for his record verification here was also uploaded on the same account those other videos were uploaded.

EDIT: Actually, you can see the console red light powered on before you hear the sound, but how would the sound play before you see the flash on the TV itself?
    I like to destroy games... especially the ones with Mario in them.
    Likes zallard1 liked this post
  2. 02-06-2015, 12:56 PM
    EDIT2: You can actually hear the game noises while the screen still says "AV1"
    Likes zallard1 liked this post
  3. 02-06-2015, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by timhett View Post
    Hey Mike/Josh/??,
    Just a friendly recommendation - it may be helpful to give some further evidence or a fuller response to the allegations, which are pretty serious. As has been pointed out already, you could earn a lifetime ban from cheating. If you really want to prove that you didn't cheat, the burden of proof is going to be on you, as the burden is for proving a world record score. Proof has been shown that cheating has occurred and you don't seem to be taking it very seriously. You've not explained why the video is missing frames, etc. In fact, changing your profile, name, etc is only digging a deeper hole. Hacked by the best? Nobody is going to believe that unless you can prove who and why you would've been hacked. Resisting the temptation to be snarky, did someone really break into your house and record that and then splice it with other video and submit it to TG? If that is the case, then you have been the victim of an illegal attack and you should absolutely contact the authorities immediately. Breaking and entering is a felony.
    So what's the truth here? I think it's rapidly becoming clearer to the rest of us. But hey, you can always still prove the hacking right? Or prove the score? Which one is it again? Help yourself before it is too late.
    I wasn't planning on submitting records anymore anyways since I don't game that much anymore. The new layout of the website is a turn off anyways. I wouldn't of even of known about Twin Galaxies if it weren't for that King Of Kong movie. I don't need Twin Galaxies to be a gaming world record holder. I got the Don Flamenco 2 1:16.82 world record legit and it just eats at the SDA Punch-Out!! boys because they know they'll probably never beat it. Me and my brother Steve have gotten legit times against Tyson and Mr. Dream in the 2:08-2:12 range 11 times throughout the past 10 years. The competitive gaming I like these days is vs. mode on fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. I've trained with mainly Rocky Rose the past 5 years and have gotten really darn good at it too. With the advancement in digital editing these days I really don't believe anything I see unless it's in person, on an arcade machine or on an .INP file from Wolfmame .106 on MAME. My MK records were achieved with the TG approved Wolfmame .106 and I still have my .INP and .WLF files for my MAME MK world records if TG wants them stored in the database. Again console records don't mean anything to me anymore because of the advancements in cheating people can do with video editing software they have these days. I never cheated for my current records. My Punch-Out!! records would of been much better on a lot of them in the past if I was a real cheater. Who knows how long this website will be around anyways. I didn't even know about it until 2008. I'm not going to associate myself with people that make fake videos of people just to make them look like a fake so they can gain the spotlight as the record holder. Little zallard1 and your buddy sinister1 have always had it in for me. Well at least sinister1 doesn't have most of the main Punch-Out!! records. I'll still have to give a big thanks and congrats to you guys for posting vids on You Tube. Without the hate I wouldn't of been able to beat you guys once and for all. Bye, Bye TG. Maybe you'll get a 1000 or so people to care about it.
    Michael "MK Wizard" Girard
  4. 02-06-2015, 01:32 PM
    Just for the record, we dumped you. You didn't dump us.
    Thanks PJ DiCesare, zallard1, Tompa thanked this post
  5. 02-06-2015, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MK Wizard View Post
    I wasn't planning on submitting records anymore anyways since I don't game that much anymore. The new layout of the website is a turn off anyways. I wouldn't of even of known about Twin Galaxies if it weren't for that King Of Kong movie. I don't need Twin Galaxies to be a gaming world record holder. I got the Don Flamenco 2 1:16.82 world record legit and it just eats at the SDA Punch-Out!! boys because they know they'll probably never beat it. Me and my brother Steve have gotten legit times against Tyson and Mr. Dream in the 2:08-2:12 range 11 times throughout the past 10 years. The competitive gaming I like these days is vs. mode on fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. I've trained with mainly Rocky Rose the past 5 years and have gotten really darn good at it too. With the advancement in digital editing these days I really don't believe anything I see unless it's in person, on an arcade machine or on an .INP file from Wolfmame .106 on MAME. My MK records were achieved with the TG approved Wolfmame .106 and I still have my .INP and .WLF files for my MAME MK world records if TG wants them stored in the database. Again console records don't mean anything to me anymore because of the advancements in cheating people can do with video editing software they have these days. I never cheated for my current records. My Punch-Out!! records would of been much better on a lot of them in the past if I was a real cheater. Who knows how long this website will be around anyways. I didn't even know about it until 2008. I'm not going to associate myself with people that make fake videos of people just to make them look like a fake so they can gain the spotlight as the record holder. Little zallard1 and your buddy sinister1 have always had it in for me. Well at least sinister1 doesn't have most of the main Punch-Out!! records. I'll still have to give a big thanks and congrats to you guys for posting vids on You Tube. Without the hate I wouldn't of been able to beat you guys once and for all. Bye, Bye TG. Maybe you'll get a 1000 or so people to care about it.
    Yes, because the natural reaction to being completely exposed as a fraud is to accuse me of cheating based off of zero instances of factual evidence. Oh hey weren't you just hacked a few minutes ago? I guess you were just kidding then, huh? That's a good way to show you're trustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Likes Tompa, marky d, Dk_madness liked this post
  6. 02-06-2015, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Yeah, right. At least I have a lot more money and real friends that I meet face to face with than you. Gaming is dead. Wake up people.
    Thanks CaptainJivePants thanked this post
  7. 02-06-2015, 01:59 PM
    Anyone wondering, about the "cheated" comment, here's a PM sent to me as he got "hacked"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	girard pm.png 
Views:	180 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	1578
  8. 02-06-2015, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MK Wizard View Post
    Yeah, right. At least I have a lot more money and real friends that I meet face to face with than you. Gaming is dead. Wake up people.
    Well it's dead for you anyway.

Wow, a lifetime ban. That would really suck if gaming wasn't "dead".

And you guys all think I'm too paranoid with my evidence criteria. :)
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    Likes Tompa, zallard1, TVanderZwaag, philt80 liked this post
  9. 02-06-2015, 02:13 PM
    Sounds good buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opWVaOA.gif 
Views:	175 
Size:	499.7 KB 
ID:	1579
  10. 02-06-2015, 02:19 PM
    The new TG is garbage. It's built to fail unlike me. I succeed in the real world with a good paying computer job. I don't sit around in my Mom's house and play video games all day from not having a job. I don't need TG to be a record holder in gaming. It's just a club very few people know or even care about. I've been told timeless amounts of times that most people don't care about people's video game records. It's true. They don't. But I can tell you one thing. If you guys come on the PS3 Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection be prepared to get the beatings of your life from me or the Legend Rocky Rose.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Join us