Nintendo Entertainment System - Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!/Punch-Out!! - NTSC - Fastest KO/TKO of Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream - 2:8.00 - Michael Girard

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 02-06-2015, 09:35 AM
    Due to the content of this post:
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...l=1#post754320

I have downvoted this score. Assuming it is rejected, I would be in favor of Mike Girard receiving a lifetime ban and having all of his records stripped from the database.
  2. 02-06-2015, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danman1234 View Post
    Aren't those two videos with the 2:08 time different videos?!?! The one he says "yes" at the end but then the one you posted doesn't even have the NES in the video. Something is really odd here and what you posted sure seems to make sense Zallard. I would love to here Mike's rebuttal to this but given what you posted it sure seems spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by zallard1 View Post
    First off, I have to commend TG for actually attempting to evolve their verification process to something more capable of catching cheated records.
    Now, at first all of these seem like completely different fights, especially considering one of them is played by a supposed "Dave Landrus" which ends up getting a 2:15. The other two videos are slightly different from each other as well. However, take note of the entirety of phases 1 and 2 in every video that I've posted above. You will notice that they are all COMPLETELY IDENTICAL down to the frame Tyson attacks

See what zallard said here, the two videos up to the first two knockouts (phases) are identical. I replayed the two youtube videos and synced them up (see below) and he is correct. I know it's not frame by frame analysis, but it looks pretty identical. The difference starts at the 3rd round.

Thanks WCopeland, zallard1 thanked this post
    Likes timhett, zallard1 liked this post
  3. 02-06-2015, 10:57 AM
    These extra videos in this post are reenactment videos that were sent to or made by some of my online gaming bullies/trolls in the past 2 years. They have nothing to do with the real performance video originally submitted.
  4. 02-06-2015, 11:00 AM
    So, Ive been googling punch out related stuff a lot last couple days for reasons I don't feel like getting into here, but anyway this came up in a search.

My initial reaction was "Wow, 208? Unreal, I gotta see this!"

Now that I've seen the video though, well sadly I'm pretty sure it's faked. Registered just to post this, basically. I know this is perhaps a little petty, but it bothers me when people lie about thing like this.

Without even talking about the fight in question, it looks to me like he hits something on the remote he has in his hand as he turns on his NES. His TV is already on, so this kind of was a flag for me right away.

In the attempts leading up to the fight in question, the player just keeps barreling on even if the attempt is essentially over. Ive watched a couple people try for WRs on a few games on twitch, and those guys reset constantly the moment something goes wrong. This could be a player preference thing, but is again something I initially found strange.

Then we get to the actual fight. I ended up watching this a couple times just to make sure of the things that I am pointing out. At 1:31 of the fight clock, tyson goes down a second time. There is an almost but not completely un noticeable stutter in the games music and sfx here. In the punches leading up to the last knockdown, the animation for Tyson getting hit isn't consistent, there are instances where Mac jabs go too fast, and Tyson reacts wierdly; this is most noticeable on the 5th punch the player lands in this segment. Also, I saw the clock stay on 201 for far too long in this section also, there isn't any stunning of Tyson going on at all here so the clock shouldnt slow down like that.

Somebody else already beat me to this, with way more detail than I could hope to put into it, but yeah, I'm pretty sure this is an edited video meant to fool people.
    Thanks CaptainJivePants thanked this post
    Likes zallard1, Tompa liked this post
  5. 02-06-2015, 11:03 AM
    damn... just..... damn...man
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colbertpopcorn.gif 
Views:	222 
Size:	404.3 KB 
ID:	1574

Likes Dk_madness, Jesse Porter, bigbee99 liked this post
  6. 02-06-2015, 11:46 AM
    Mike Girard, I find it odd that in light of my recent post, you're suddenly changing your profile picture as well as changing your name in your signature to "Josh 'MKWizard' Marlow" which just indicates to me that you intend to cover your tracks. Do I even need to say anything else on how many red flags this raises? At least the original post is unedited. For posterity just in case it is possible to edit, I'm posting a screenshot of it here.

http://i.imgur.com/S4RWb2k.png
    Likes WCopeland, danman1234 liked this post
  7. 02-06-2015, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MK Wizard View Post
    These extra videos in this post are reenactment videos that were sent to or made by some of my online gaming bullies/trolls in the past 2 years. They have nothing to do with the real performance video originally submitted.
    Looks like an incredible reenactment, given that they managed to build a copy of your real life environment, including TV, shelves, etc.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YouTube Doubler.png 
Views:	216 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	1577
  8. 02-06-2015, 11:51 AM
    Why is the NES on AV1 input? The NES has a coax input does it not? Even if you had RGB cables why wouldn't they be connected to the front of the TV since it looks like your NES is doing nothing more than sitting on a table in front of the TV. Plus it does look like you still have a remote in your other hand that you seem to press at the same time. Why is that even necessary?
    Likes WCopeland liked this post
  9. 02-06-2015, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zallard1 View Post
    Mike Girard, I find it odd that in light of my recent post, you're suddenly changing your profile picture as well as changing your name in your signature to "Josh 'MKWizard' Marlow" which just indicates to me that you intend to cover your tracks. Do I even need to say anything else on how many red flags this raises? At least the original post is unedited. For posterity just in case it is possible to edit, I'm posting a screenshot of it here.

http://i.imgur.com/S4RWb2k.png
    Wow seriously? So is your name Josh Marlow or Mike Girard?!?
  10. 02-06-2015, 12:01 PM
    TG lists the following activities that can get you banned for life:

Quote Originally Posted by TWIN GALAXIES
    False user accounts
    Deliberate cheating of any kind
    Submitting a video performance that is not their own
    I can spot all three of these offenses committed by Mike Girard in this thread.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Join us