playback sync error using Wolfmame 0173

1. playback sync error using Wolfmame 0173

05-28-2016, 12:13 PM
    My last two recordings give a sync error msg near the start. The first of the two, was uploaded before I tested the playback. User terencew let me know he got a sync error while playing back. I then tried to play it, and got a sync err ( within the game window which did comeup). The error msg did not showin the command prompt window.

My second playback sync error was for a pretty good effort that puts (or would have) put me in 2nd place for pacman fast no fruit no ghost challenge.

Is there a way to make an adjustment to how wolfmame handles the playback so that it plays for adjudication? I'd hate to lose it unless it can't be fixed.

I had downloaded wolfmame 173 again this morning (before the problem occurred) and it may have a problem. The command attachment shows playback average speed at 100.01%. Recorded speed was 100.00.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. 05-28-2016, 02:12 PM
    There have been two releases of 0.173 so perhaps testing with 0.172 is worthwhile to confirm if the problem is generic.

For generic issues, begin testing without any back ground tasks - disconnect & turn off the anti-virus/malware package(s) you have. Other common over-rated/over-burdening tasks come from innocuous sources: anything by Apple (iTunes for example) and Google (especially the old Desktop) is usually a big suck of processor at intermittent times and could cause such weirdness.
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  3. 05-29-2016, 01:56 PM
    I used 172 to play a game and it played back fine. I played a great game of Mappy and when done I realized I accidentally used 173, but it is playing back now fine.
Join us