Reject Me Please!

1. Red face Reject Me Please!

02-11-2015, 11:21 AM
    This thread intended to hold a list of adjudications where the submitter has acknowledged that their own submission should be rejected. It is not intended as a place to discuss rejections - they should be done on the relevant adjudication thread: please keep it simple. :)

I'll start with my own as I am the stupidist submitter:

PC - 3D Ultra Pinball: Nascar Pinball - Difficult - 5 Balls (2min Timelimit) - 21,007,700 - Andrew Mee
    PC - 3D Ultra Pinball: Nascar Pinball - Difficult - 5 Balls (No Timelimit) - 24,537,789 - Andrew Mee
    PlayStation - Hydro Thunder - PAL - Lake Powell [Fastest Race] - 1:40.41 - Andrew Mee
    PC - Epic Pinball - Jungle Pinball - 66,069,494 - Andrew Mee
    Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - California Games - PAL - Half Pipe - 29,150 - Andrew Mee
    Last edited by Barthax; 02-21-2015 at 04:17 AM.
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Likes sammcnear liked this post
  2. 02-11-2015, 10:19 PM
    Thanks, this thread should be a "sticky" (always on top in the thread list) until Twin Galaxies implements a way to revoke a submission.
    Likes ssdninja liked this post
  3. 02-11-2015, 11:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Diskborste View Post
    Thanks, this thread should be a "sticky" (always on top in the thread list) until Twin Galaxies implements a way to revoke a submission.
    Unfortunately, there will never be a revoke submission function for numerous reasons.
    Likes ThroughtonsHeir liked this post
  4. 02-11-2015, 11:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TWIN GALAXIES View Post
    Unfortunately, there will never be a revoke submission function for numerous reasons.
    I can relate to some of the issues. Have you stated the reasons behind this decision somewhere? A potential problem is that a submitter makes a small mistake (enters the wrong level/category/date etc.) which deems the submission to be rejected. Now, the submitter will lose the same number of submission points as someone who, in bad faith, deliberately tried to cheat the system.
    Thanks ssdninja thanked this post
    Likes ssdninja, ThroughtonsHeir liked this post
  5. 02-12-2015, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TWIN GALAXIES View Post
    Well that's fun. Been sitting on a submission I could have fixed in five minutes but I've just been waiting since Jan. 30 for it to get rejected. Don't see why a self-deleted thread can't go in the same rejected forum as everything else so people could still have a record of it. Really kills the urge to practice when a typo or small error causes a two-week delay in submitting a new score.
    Likes Diskborste, bworldmv liked this post
  6. 02-13-2015, 01:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ssdninja View Post
    Well that's fun. Been sitting on a submission I could have fixed in five minutes but I've just been waiting since Jan. 30 for it to get rejected. Don't see why a self-deleted thread can't go in the same rejected forum as everything else so people could still have a record of it. Really kills the urge to practice when a typo or small error causes a two-week delay in submitting a new score.
    The submission system promotes the interaction of viewing other's scores in order to earn the points for submission. Your existing mistake does not block you re-submitting with the correct score: only submission points prevent you in that respect and they can usually be earned "quickly" by adjudicating the older available submissions.
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  7. 02-13-2015, 01:52 AM
    Last edited by Barthax; 02-21-2015 at 04:16 AM.
  8. 02-13-2015, 02:38 AM
    Last edited by Barthax; 02-21-2015 at 04:15 AM.
  9. 02-17-2015, 02:19 AM
    Last edited by Barthax; 02-21-2015 at 04:15 AM.
  10. 02-17-2015, 10:33 PM
    I think the optimal solution (Twin Galaxies philosophy (I asked for clarification but still no response (in a forum that the management should be Johnny-on-the-spot when it comes to observing and maintaining official dialogue)) versus logistics) is to allow revokes if, and only if, no other members have responded or voted. This solves most of the "damn, I messed up my submission and entered one value incorrectly, which is usually noticed right after submission is sent. Also, a preview-function really helps!

Sorry about the aforementioned sentence, first time I've used three layers of parentheses
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Join us