TurboGrafx-16 - Soldier Blade - Points [2 Minute Mode] - 542,500 - Brendan O'Dowd

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. TurboGrafx-16 - Soldier Blade - Points [2 Minute Mode] - 542,500 - Brendan O'Dowd

02-16-2015, 04:52 PM

Points [2 Minute Mode]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=120792
    Rules
    2 Minute Game Mode
    Special Rules: None
    Submission Message
    Run begins around 5:15.

First off, apologies for the sound. There is a feedback loop in my capture setup that I need to figure out apparently. In case it is inaudible, I will restate below what I did before the performance. I captured the feed directly using a VCR as the console only outputs RF, and then captured the VCR composite output using a Dazzle. I captured the TV and my hands etc. using a webcam.

This run was performed on a PC Engine, which is the Japanese version of the TurboGrafx 16. The two consoles only differ in form factor (look how small the PCE is!) and pinout. Japanese games must be run through a pin converter to work on US systems, and vice versa. It's the same situation as the Famicom/NES, there is no region-locking besides the physical pin connector differences. Both countries' software will run on the other's machine, and at any rate I played the US version of the game for this run. In addition, I did so using the Krikzz TurboEverdrive, which is the TG16/PCE version of the cart that has already been accepted for NES use (https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...rt-for-the-NES).
  2. 02-16-2015, 10:30 PM
    Looks good! Likely overkill with the full room tour, but your thoroughness is appreciated. Absolutely no doubts with this one. No anomalies in gameplay...game is running as expected.

Accepted as posted. Congrats on the huge score, Brendan! :)
  3. 02-16-2015, 10:55 PM
    Thanks Phil. Haven't played in a long time, just wanted to put a score up,
  4. 02-16-2015, 11:39 PM
    Accept
    Well done!
  5. 02-17-2015, 08:08 AM
    Nice work. Accepted
  6. 02-18-2015, 06:06 PM
    Hello,

Krikzz Turbo Everdrive was accepted too?

Which others Krikzz flashcart are accepted ?

Thanks
    Fred

Thanks
    Fred
  7. 02-18-2015, 06:27 PM
    Brendan, you should show on the Everdrive that all cheats are disabled, preferably from cold boot of the console.

Nice score!
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
  8. 02-19-2015, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by donatreides View Post
    Brendan, you should show on the Everdrive that all cheats are disabled, preferably from cold boot of the console.

Nice score!
    There is no cheat engine of any kind on the Turbo Everdrive. Also of note, there is no save state functionality or any other menu functions to display. What you see is all you get (A list of selectable roms with no menu support for cheats or any other modifications).
    Thanks Cthulhu, hanasu thanked this post
    Likes Cthulhu liked this post
  9. 02-21-2015, 07:04 PM
    Yeah it's pretty spartan in comparison to something like the N8, unfortunately. I've also had a lot of trouble getting it to recognize various SD cards. Unfortunately it's the only way I would ever be able to submit a score for Soldier Blade, a game I like very much but could never afford.
Join us