Odyssey² / Videopac - P.T. Barnum's Acrobats! - NTSC - Random Shield - 1,085 - John Barrett

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Odyssey² / Videopac - P.T. Barnum's Acrobats! - NTSC - Random Shield - 1,085 - John Barrett

02-16-2015, 08:51 PM

NTSC - Random Shield
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=21510
    Rules
    Press Button (6) on the Alpha-Numeric Keypad.
    Submission Message
    This is my first submission under the new Twin Galaxies management. This is for the "Random Shield" mode (press 6) for P.T. Barnum's Acrobats!
    You can see the game power up and the cartridge in the system. If you want to skip to the good stuff (The actual score attempt) go to the 7:56 mark in the video. Along with the uploaded video to Twin Galaxies, here is the YouTube link for your reference in case you have trouble viewing the Twin Galaxies video. I welcome your comments and / or concerns. Thanks for voting and viewing!!

2. 02-16-2015, 09:09 PM
    Please vote on the first submission and not this thread! For whatever reason it uploaded twice....
  3. 02-16-2015, 09:16 PM
    Rejecting this one as per original poster's request. Voting accept to the first posting here
  4. 02-16-2015, 11:24 PM
    I don't understand why we would be rejecting a perfectly good submission even if it is a duplicate?
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  5. 02-17-2015, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    I don't understand why we would be rejecting a perfectly good submission even if it is a duplicate?
    I was going with the understanding that other duplicated runs had followed this same routine...The original poster requests adjudicators vote on the proper submission and downvote the duplicate, no?

Currently I have rejected this run as directed and definitely don't care what method we all use...just let me know and I'll gladly switch my vote to whatever method everyone decides on...
  6. 02-17-2015, 11:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by philt80 View Post
    I was going with the understanding that other duplicated runs had followed this same routine...The original poster requests adjudicators vote on the proper submission and downvote the duplicate, no?
    Each submission rides on its own merit: this one has merit. Rather than creating a complex human-based link between the two, keep 'em separate and vote on them individually: those people that arrive, see the first post and vote without reading other people's comments are already doing so & I'd expect them to be voting accept for this one.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  7. 02-22-2015, 01:41 PM
    For the record, I voted to accept the earlier (by 15 minutes) submission. I have not cast a vote for this one.

Can we get an official ruling on how to handle duplicate submissions?
  8. 03-04-2015, 06:38 PM
    This one has been sitting for a bit and I'm positive it is due to confusion on how to handle duplicates.

I definitely see Andrew's point that ideally you'd adjudicate each on it's own merits, but I also think precedent was set early on regarding duplicates and I think trying to question it now is just going to leave runs like this sitting in limbo while everyone waits for someone to speak up and say "let's reject them" or "let's approve them all".

I think discussion can take place in the "TGSAP POLICY DISCUSSIONS AND DECISIONS"forum on what to do going forward, but this is a clear case. The submitter asked us to reject this one and adjudicate the other one. The other one has already passed adjudication so lets reject this one as a duplicate and move on.

If a ref received 2 identical submissions in the past I'm confident they didn't sit and watch both back to back and then enter both into the database individually knowing they were identical runs. This seems like it would cause not only additional workload for adjudicators, but logistical issues with the database and duplicate records so it's probably best to handle these as a "reject the dupe, adjudicate the primary" just to avoid those headaches.

The ideal solution would be for TG to create a "report thread" function that would allow a user to cancel the duplicate and retain their submission points for the obvious mistake, but again...we aren't there yet.

Again though, I'd suggest we discuss policy further in the general forum, but I think we should do as requested and as has been the norm for these since the reopening and reject it so we can get it out of unadjudicated status. Everyone wins, the score has already been accepted, the duplicate won't cause issues with doubling the data in the system.

Voting "Reject" on this one as directed and encourage everyone else to do the same so we can all be on the same page with at least this particular submission until we decide on how to handle them in the future.
Join us