Nintendo 64 - Robotron 64 - NTSC - Default Settings - 1,620,950 - Mark Hoff

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Nintendo 64 - Robotron 64 - NTSC - Default Settings - 1,620,950 - Mark Hoff

02-21-2015, 01:45 PM

NTSC - Default Settings
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=11507
    Rules

Submission Message
    Nintendo 64 console
    Robotron 64 cartridge

Died on wave 84 (the game has a finite ending at 200 waves)
    Recorded on Sat, 2/21/15

Final high score screen photo is uploaded.
    Loaded first 1 hour of game (didn't know Windows Movie Maker only allowed 1hr of recording before this session)
    Game didn't go much more than 10 minutes past the end of recording.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  2. 02-21-2015, 02:26 PM
    Name:  N64-Robo64-1620950.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  117.8 KB
    thought this high score screenshot uploaded but don't see it in the submission.
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
  3. 02-21-2015, 03:04 PM
    Maybe resubmit with the video cutoff point score? -It appears to be 1,376,800...Or if you can use another program to capture the full performance.
    my pronouns: f/you.
  4. 02-21-2015, 03:08 PM
    probably won't, but I would be curious of what program (other than twitch) can record video from a webcam, other than using the windows movie maker.

-Full video of a performance isn't a TG requirement and the final score screenshot is there.
    -The console vid and startup is included which is a criteria item.
    -The settings are shown and meet the criteria

Simple question, does the video seem believable that i did it.

TG employee (82-84)
  5. 02-21-2015, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1500points View Post
    Full video of a performance isn't a TG requirement and the final score screenshot is there.
    Full video is a requirement and photos are used as an extra. I believe you achieved the score, but not having the full video is too big of an issue to look past. Even though it's not a high profile game, and your score isn't for 1st place, all score submissions should be treated equally. I hope you understand...I'm not trying to be a d--k! (lol) I'm an ex-ref and this is how something like this would be handled. If anyone else wants to approve it, they can. I'm not rejecting it. I'm staying out of the voting.
  6. 02-21-2015, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    Full video is a requirement and photos are used as an extra.
    Totally incorrect.
    Thanks ssdninja thanked this post
    Likes ssdninja liked this post
  7. 02-21-2015, 05:14 PM
    Also to answer the submitter's question - try using Open Broadcaster (OBS). It's free and allows local recording as well as streaming should you wish to do so.
  8. 02-21-2015, 06:04 PM
    Yes, it is 100% incorrect about full video being required.
    No video is required if you have good proof.
    Jace said it is yes or no if you believe the score was achieved based on the evidence provided.

Thank you.
    I will take a look at that program, my laptop is a cheapy so when I tried streaming in the past it bogged down.
    Just recorded a different game with a free muzee program I found on the PC, let's see how that goes...

TG employee (82-84)
  9. 02-21-2015, 06:08 PM
    I will take a look at that program, my laptop is a cheapy so when I tried streaming in the past it bogged down.
    Just recorded a different game with a free muzee program I found on the PC, let's see how that goes...
    To clarify, OBS can be used in only 'local record' mode which is not system intensive at all. It has streaming capability, but you don't need to use it.
  10. 02-22-2015, 01:23 AM
    Yes, it is 100% incorrect about full video being required.
    No video is required if you have good proof.
    Jace said it is yes or no if you believe the score was achieved based on the evidence provided
    You're right! I'm sorry about that. I hadn't looked through all those adjudication threads posted. I was just going by what I followed in the past, as it was a requirement (except if something was witnessed live). That's a big thing to change, but I do like it. There's no need to be so hardcore. Just "Yes" or "No"....done. It's brilliant, really
    Once again, I'm sorry about that. This score is a YES..Accepted!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us