Nintendo Entertainment System - Elevator Action - NTSC - Points - 112,550 - Rudy Ferretti

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 02-25-2015, 01:41 PM
    Actually with CaptainJive I can interpret that to say leeching is allowed ONLY because you cant do it forever. So by posting a score where you do in fact leech "forever" is a direct violation of the rules and probably should be rejected as well as the other score that is using leeching (which someone said was vailidated) that score should probably be removed as well.
    Likes WCopeland, timhett, Barra, pat33999, philt80 liked this post
  2. 02-25-2015, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danman1234 View Post
    Quite honestly the rules were followed as it says you can leech so nothing was violated except perhaps just a "spirit" of the game issue.
    The issue people have is when you constantly need to praise yourself as the "Greatest". If no one else says this then that doesn't make you the "greatest". You can claim to be one of the Apollo 13 astronauts as well but but doesn't mean you are. I could get 200 "World Records" here if I honestly wanted too as well but what does that mean? Nothing really....
    Even though it does not say in the specific rules for this game it is a rule for all games that if you can leech forever with little to no threat then its not allowed. Now if the ammo in this game were finite then yes, Rudy could point press, but because the ammo is unlimited and the enemies are unlimited then it breaks the rules of leeching.

Also I wonder if special versions of some of these games can be created specifically for TG for competitive play. What do I mean? I mean, someone makes an ASM edit in the code to add something like a timer or limited ammo or something else such to fix the current rules on the game. This would be possible with patches. Edit the rom file and host the patch here and players download the patch and then patch it to their game and then play on that TG version of the game. This would benefit MAME mostly but as more players use flash carts such as the N8 then they would play on special approved versions of the games which fix such issues. Just a thought.
  3. 02-28-2015, 01:57 AM
    Rejected.

Sure, the rules say leeching is allowed, but that is only the case if it can't be done infinite. Unless specified, leeching ain't allowed on any title and should never be, obviously.

If the submitter had been a little smarter he could have told one of his errend boys to post the video in the forums, showing off his skills and explain why there should be a new track. If so I'm sure he would have earned a little respect instead of this whole mess.
    Likes philt80 liked this post
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Join us