Nintendo Entertainment System - Elevator Action - NTSC - Points - 112,550 - Rudy Ferretti

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 02-21-2015, 11:39 PM
    I just watched Rudy's response video. I would like to point out that yes, I did not know what that box was that was put over the video camera. Thanks for letting me know what it does as I was only inquiring. However the condescending and insulting tone of Rudy's video seems to only showcase his over-the-top ego.

Please Rudy do not make me study this game an order to see if the rules and your game play are legit and in good spirit of the game. I don't want to have to do this because its very time consuming and a burden on me, but since justice is the only important thing here then I may have to.

Also Rudy I have nothing against you personally, but am only trying to help out the community and the TG organization here. In fact without me you wouldn't have the 1st place NES Home Alone score. If I were really against you then I wouldn't have pointed out the programming error in that game to the referees just so you could never gain the top spot.
  2. 02-22-2015, 01:55 AM
    "Entering the bottom elevator without entering all the red doors returns the gamer to an earlier point in the level and avoids the enemy speed-up. Since it's possible to do this by accident and in later levels it becomes a necessary tactic at times, we are capping the number of times a person can do this to two per level."

That whole part of the rules was added on sometime after Rudy submitted his 72,400 score (this is the first I'm seeing it). I believe "One and done" is the way it should be. Besides that, I can't judge his gameplay as the video won't play for me.
    my pronouns: f/you.
  3. 02-22-2015, 05:39 AM
    I got the video to run in a different browser. Technically, he didn't break the rules..But I think the rules need to be adjusted for this game. As I was watching, when he said something about that spot being harder than the arcade. It's totally not. Their machine gun fire is similar, but they were exiting doors 1 floor at a time, making it easy to just go down or up and shoot them above or below their gun fire, with no risk of being shot from another floor's enemies. The arcade version doesn't do that. They come out on multiple floors in a row. He found the perfect spot, but it's not what Kelly Flewin had in mind when he originally set up the game's rules (The first part of the rules).
    my pronouns: f/you.
  4. 02-22-2015, 08:50 AM
    As far as I can tell, he followed the rules so this should be approved and he should get the record.

However, due to the fact that the game can be leeched almost indefinitely, the track should probably be grandfathered and replaced with a time limit per level variation.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
  5. 02-22-2015, 09:17 AM
    again... if you can't leech on Time Pilot either by squadron hunting or chute hunting, how can this be even close to admissable since there's absolutely no intent to finish the building?

Likes DonkeyDave liked this post
  6. 02-22-2015, 09:45 AM
    Again, you can't leech forever because the game breaks. You have limited leeching per life.
    I vote accept because Rudy followed the rules
  7. 02-22-2015, 09:47 AM
    Why do you guys want to change the rules when Rudy submits and follows the rules when it is clear other people followed the rules? That's what it seems like.
  8. 02-22-2015, 09:50 AM
    I've studied up on this game and if you want the rules changed, take down Brian Picchi's score too. It seems like he followed these rules that you guys want changed.
    You have to be fair.
    Likes timhett liked this post
  9. 02-22-2015, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrytas View Post
    I've studied up on this game and if you want the rules changed, take down Brian Picchi's score too. It seems like he followed these rules that you guys want changed.
    You have to be fair.
    He should get the record, but then the track should be grandfathered with a rules change.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
  10. 02-22-2015, 09:54 AM
    There's been a few subs recently where rules have been ignored or changed for whatever reason. It's not a targeted thing if it gets rejected.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Join us