Pinball simulations

1. Pinball simulations

03-02-2015, 04:30 AM
    Hi all,

One or two of you may have noticed I have a penchant for Pinball simulation titles. I've been trying to compile a full list of Pinball sims published and have reached a point where the list I have needs some help. There are a number of compilations I've not added to the list as yet but I'm particularly interested in any original sims I may have missed. Note that the Pinball Arcade / Pinball FX2 is intended to list separate purchases as separate entries but I also realise Pinball Arcade tables be purchased in both seasons packs and individually.

web-published or spreadsheet style access
    Last edited by Barthax; 05-01-2015 at 12:11 PM.
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks xcess dead rew thanked this post
  2. 03-02-2015, 07:23 AM
    Just for clarity, is this all pinball games or only simulations of real-world pinball games?
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
  3. 03-02-2015, 07:29 AM
    Yeah. I had the same doubt of Don, Andrew. Clarify for us.

Outstanding people have one thing in common: An absolute sense of mission." Zig Ziglar

4. 03-02-2015, 08:06 AM
    Simulations only! Computer/console/handhelds but not the real things. :)
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  5. 03-02-2015, 11:12 AM
    For more clarity, say "Devil's Crush" for the Turbografx-16. It never had a physical hardware version. Would that be included?
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
  6. 03-02-2015, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donatreides View Post
    For more clarity, say "Devil's Crush" for the Turbografx-16. It never had a physical hardware version. Would that be included?
    Absolutely (and is on my list already). Pinball is a hardware game. Any representation of real or fictitious tables on a computer or console (incl. GBA, etc.) is a simulation of pinball, IMO.
  7. 03-02-2015, 11:41 AM
    Cool cool!

Edit: That is a crazy number of pinball games already!
    Last edited by Cthulhu; 03-02-2015 at 11:43 AM.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
  8. 03-02-2015, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donatreides View Post
    Edit: That is a crazy number of pinball games already!
    It is isn't it! The PC platform is a bit of a minefield, however with the number of re-releases and compilations. It is very easy to accidentally buy a duplicate & that's why I started the list: wanting to know I didn't need to buy "Pinball 2" from Germany because I already have the original "Pinball Fun: Full-Tilt" which itself is a Windows+3D remake of the DOS "Full Tilt"... Also oddities like Pinball Illusions on Amiga/PC being released as Tilt! on the Saturn & PlayStation in Europe and the Saturn/PlayStation being Hyper 3D Pinball in the US: same game completely different name.

On the flip side, one brilliant find I've made is Pinball Madness 3: a huge compilation!
    Last edited by Barthax; 03-02-2015 at 11:52 AM.
  9. 03-10-2015, 11:30 AM
    I checked the rules for the tables on the game Pinball Fantasies IBM-PC release, and I didn't see anything relating to the Bonus Held & Bonus Multiplier bug in the Stones'n'Bones table. When you get the Bonus Held, Bonus Multiplier, and have an extra ball, those bonus points are rewarded and are saved for the next ball. I personally got well over 10 billion a long time ago with this bug. The Amiga version I don't think have this bug.

I have a few questions:
    1. When I saw the top scores on the list (the ones over 1 billion in particular), did these players know about this bug and not say anything about it?
    2. Is there a chance of this being added to the rules?
    3. I also didn't see a rule for bumping the ball back into play after going down the outlanes. Would there be a vote on whether this should be allowed or not?
  10. 03-10-2015, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAZ1 View Post
    I checked the rules for the tables on the game Pinball Fantasies IBM-PC release, and I didn't see anything relating to the Bonus Held & Bonus Multiplier bug in the Stones'n'Bones table. When you get the Bonus Held, Bonus Multiplier, and have an extra ball, those bonus points are rewarded and are saved for the next ball. I personally got well over 10 billion a long time ago with this bug.
    I've read hints about this but didn't know specifics. Good to read, thanks.

The Amiga version I don't think have this bug.
    No but it does multiply the player bonus by the player number: the 8th player gets their bonus multiplied by 8.

I have a few questions:
    1. When I saw the top scores on the list (the ones over 1 billion in particular), did these players know about this bug and not say anything about it?
    Those scores are all from a different site which had no rules whatsoever. The site (Tower of Pin) doesn't exist any more but you can still see remnants of it at archive.org: https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://pcpinball.com - I think it died somewhere in 2011 but had problems with the high score section since 2009. Try starting around 2006 to get an idea of it when it was "alive".

2. Is there a chance of this being added to the rules?
    None of us know yet: at the moment that is being written by the TG team.

3. I also didn't see a rule for bumping the ball back into play after going down the outlanes. Would there be a vote on whether this should be allowed or not?
    That is definitely permitted: I use that regularly. :)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us