M.A.M.E. - Robotron [Solid Blue label] - Points [Marathon Settings] - 2,264,450 - Mark Hoff

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 03-25-2015, 10:48 AM
    because i did go in and set it to difficulty 5. so the inp isn't playing it back correctly?
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
  2. 03-25-2015, 10:48 AM
    What Barthax said. Also you can't use F3 to reset as a means to exit service mode or this will not save any changes that you made.
    Craig Rout Gallant

Current verified TG WRs: 58

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/CraigARG
    MAME World Records channel: http://www.youtube.com/MAMEWorldRecords
  3. 03-25-2015, 10:50 AM
    i did this. i'm going to try another recording and upload a new test inp.

TG employee (82-84)
  4. 03-25-2015, 10:51 AM
    The second one plays back for me, but improperly. It is as if you hit f3 instead of f2.

I'm guessing that these issues are specific to Robotron, not MAME itself. I know that Zookeeper has issues of this type as well.
  5. 03-25-2015, 10:58 AM
    robotronTG.inp

ok in the last one i would have held the f1 (auto up/down) then hit f2.
    so in this one

I used only f2, adjusted settings
    started a game and let it end
    held f1 and hit f2 and looked at settings again
    then played through wave 5 and stopped on 6.

is that what you see?

TG employee (82-84)
  6. 03-25-2015, 11:09 AM
    Yes indeed! Your game ended with 87975, right?

If so, we are in business! One thing, though: it is contingent upon the verifier (not you) to open up Robotron for him or herself first and choose the "Reset Factory Settings" option. Then, close out the game, and playback the inp like normal. If you don't do this, it appears that Robotron will open with whatever settings you last used and modify those. In this case, had I not resetted to factory settings, your inp would have changed the difficulty from 5 to 7 (since I had it on 5 the previous time I opened it).

Make sense?
  7. 03-25-2015, 11:12 AM
    bingo! i think you nailed it about the settings stuff.

very exacting procedure with this stuff. if i'm going to talk the robo community into participating at TG, it's this exacting detail that will be so important to have laid out.

thanks again.

THIS SUBMISSION CAN BE REJECTED AS IT WAS JUST TESTING THE PROCESS.

TG employee (82-84)
  8. 03-25-2015, 11:15 AM
    Rejected! :-)

Actually, I think I was slightly wrong above. It is contingent upon EVERYONE (players and adjudicators) to "pre-run" Robotron, reset to factory settings, close it down, and then restart the game using only F2 to enter the correct settings. Again, I believe that ZK is a similar (or)deal when recording on MAME.
  9. 03-27-2015, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anningmay View Post
    I am having trouble playing this back, so I may need some advice.

First, I played back as is, but the difficulty was at 3, and the game ended on wave 3.

Knowing that this wasn't correct, I set the difficulty at 5 myself and played back again. Settings screen from your playback looked like this, which I believe is correct:

Attachment 2408

This time, it seemed to playback correctly until Wave 9, when the game ended unceremoniously at 197,025.

I am definitely using the correct romset (robotron.zip). Does anyone have any thoughts?

Dave
    I can extract a fresh Wolfmame 159 directory, place the robotron rom in the roms directory, place Mark's inp file in the inp in the inp directory, open a command prompt and type playback robotron robotronTG and it plays back fine for me.

If I try using an older version of Wolfmame (106) to playback Mark's inp, I get an incorrect playback.

What version of Wolfmame are you using to playback, Dave?
  10. 03-27-2015, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke4659 View Post
    I can extract a fresh Wolfmame 159 directory, place the robotron rom in the roms directory, place Mark's inp file in the inp in the inp directory, open a command prompt and type playback robotron robotronTG and it plays back fine for me.
    Hmm, never mind. Mark's file does NOT play back correctly for me either. I moved the wrong inp file and was playing back one of my own files.

My bad!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Join us