Nintendo Entertainment System - Jaws - Points Marathon - 10,342,220 - Rudy Ferretti

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Nintendo Entertainment System - Jaws - Points Marathon - 10,342,220 - Rudy Ferretti

04-23-2015, 11:53 AM
    vzaar-player
    Points Marathon
    Track PERM LINK

however evidence is all over the internet and videos

This score was done live and on stream from home and 1337 lounge it was the FIRST marathon when Jace finally obtained TG

there were over 57k in viewers and rick fox from the lakers was there

Final Score 10,342,220
    Last edited by Jace Hall; 03-16-2020 at 01:12 PM.
  2. 04-23-2015, 12:00 PM
    THIS score submission i shall accept!

Name:  jaws.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  531.0 KB
    Likes datagod liked this post
  3. 04-23-2015, 10:30 PM
    That is one impressive feat man. Congrats!
  4. 04-28-2015, 03:53 PM
    no video evidence, video removed from site. have to REJECT.
  5. 04-28-2015, 03:54 PM
    I might be posting this comment in a number of threads so just to alert people:

This Twitch channel is closed and so the video is no longer available. I think votes should be changed to reject considering the voting process is still ongoing. Thoughts?
    Thanks xelnia thanked this post
    Likes xelnia liked this post
  6. 04-28-2015, 04:39 PM
    Rejecting, thanks for the heads up.
    Thanks ssdninja thanked this post
  7. 04-28-2015, 05:29 PM
    Vote changed to rejected due to removed video.
  8. 04-28-2015, 05:41 PM
    Rudy is going to need a bigger boat!!!
    Likes creech liked this post
  9. 04-28-2015, 06:27 PM
    I'd like to know why there are special rules for the title as far as pausing.

It was established almost 10 years ago that for console titles with a pause feature it was allowed for sake of taped continuity to pause the game, keep recording for 10-15 seconds, stop recording, swap tapes, start recording, record for 10-15 seconds while paused, then unpause and continue.

Additionally, there seems to be this special caveat about returning to your boat.

The only game with a special pause rule used to be "Snoopy and the Red Baron" for the 2600 where pausing to swap tapes COULD lead to the game resetting if you took too long to do so. Not sure why "Jaws" requires such special rules in place for marathoning.

That stated, with the video removed there is no way to validate this one. Even if it was present for a partial adjudication it is gone now, thus the earlier acceptances should be rejected. And in the event that Jace ever implements a penalty for changing your mind (i.e. sacrifice of submission or cred points), a gamer pulling this stunt will adversely affect anyone who took the time to vote on their behalf before the removal of the video and before the adjudication was completed, and that's not fair. The submitting gamer should in turn be penalized accordingly and multiplied by the number of however many gamers voted on the video in question before they yanked it.
    Likes WCopeland liked this post
  10. 04-28-2015, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I'd like to know why there are special rules for the title as far as pausing.

It was established almost 10 years ago that for console titles with a pause feature it was allowed for sake of taped continuity to pause the game, keep recording for 10-15 seconds, stop recording, swap tapes, start recording, record for 10-15 seconds while paused, then unpause and continue.

Additionally, there seems to be this special caveat about returning to your boat.

The only game with a special pause rule used to be "Snoopy and the Red Baron" for the 2600 where pausing to swap tapes COULD lead to the game resetting if you took too long to do so. Not sure why "Jaws" requires such special rules in place for marathoning.

That stated, with the video removed there is no way to validate this one. Even if it was present for a partial adjudication it is gone now, thus the earlier acceptances should be rejected. And in the event that Jace ever implements a penalty for changing your mind (i.e. sacrifice of submission or cred points), a gamer pulling this stunt will adversely affect anyone who took the time to vote on their behalf before the removal of the video and before the adjudication was completed, and that's not fair. The submitting gamer should in turn be penalized accordingly and multiplied by the number of however many gamers voted on the video in question before they yanked it.
    I completely agree. If someone accepts without looking at evidence, they should lose points. But if someone accepts based on evidence at the time, and then that evidence changes, its extremely unfair to punish the adjudicator. This is one case where I dont think anyone should be penalized for their vote.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Join us