PC - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition - Points - Easy - 3,406 - Joe Jackmovich

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. PC - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition - Points - Easy - 3,406 - Joe Jackmovich

04-30-2015, 09:38 AM
    Points - Easy
    Score Track

Settings are in the first 30 seconds and the score is shown in the last minute or so or footage.

Just a placeholder run for other people to hopefully get interested in the game
  2. 04-30-2015, 09:44 AM
    For some reason the link to the track is missing in the submission post:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?submit&tabid=139

Name:  2015_04_30_16_44_451.png
Views: 43
Size:  40.0 KB
    Craig Rout Gallant

Current verified TG WRs: 58

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/CraigARG
    MAME World Records channel: http://www.youtube.com/MAMEWorldRecords
    Thanks ssdninja, Barthax thanked this post
  3. 04-30-2015, 12:50 PM
    Well, I was both baffled & fascinated by a game I've never seen before, thanks for getting it on the scoreboard, Joe. :) No violation of rules that I could see & the score it good.

On a side note: I'd preferred to have seen the operating system before the game started loading just so we get some idea of what OS & potentially a hint at what else might be running in the background (regardless of how unlikely it would be obvious).
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Likes ssdninja liked this post
  4. 04-30-2015, 12:57 PM
    Yeah I can't get OBS to make good shots of my whole monitor yet. No matter what it gives the high encoding error and recording almost stops completely. I suppose a few seconds of at least opening Steam and all that could work at least as a supplement though.

But yeah dude this game is I think the best mix of RNG and skill. It's tough to get the hang of and there's some tricky tricks to learn but it's really rewarding. And this was the easiest difficulty too ;_;
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  5. 04-30-2015, 01:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ssdninja View Post
    Yeah I can't get OBS to make good shots of my whole monitor yet. No matter what it gives the high encoding error and recording almost stops completely. I suppose a few seconds of at least opening Steam and all that could work at least as a supplement though.
    Ah, so it was Steam-initiated but you have the in-game chat thing turned off. Any hint that it was a Steam-installed version of the game would give it far more credibility [for not the game having not been interfered with] than a straight-run game, IMO.

I'd pick the game up if it weren't for my backlog of untested games. I'll definitely look out for it in a future charity bundle (great way to get old games via Steam, Desura and occasionally EA's Origin).
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  6. 04-30-2015, 01:12 PM
    The little Steam chat window thing does pop up on start, but for some reason OBS doesn't capture that as being in the active window. I think it might consider it part of the Steam application so it doesn't catch it. I'm sure there's something to fix that though, maybe like drawing a section of the screen to capture like other programs have.
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  7. 04-30-2015, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ssdninja View Post
    The little Steam chat window thing does pop up on start, but for some reason OBS doesn't capture that as being in the active window. I think it might consider it part of the Steam application so it doesn't catch it. I'm sure there's something to fix that though, maybe like drawing a section of the screen to capture like other programs have.
    I didn't consider that. Yeah, the Steam window isn't a "normally behaved" window so now you mention it, that does make sense! :( Another possibility: did you ask OBS to capture a specific window (I'm not even sure if that's an option for OBS but it is for other apps)? If so, then that could be an alternative reason. Still, the footage is good which is what counts. :)
  8. 04-30-2015, 01:25 PM
    It was set to "game capture" which is probably just a slightly different setting than "window capture," so yeah that was what happened. I'll look into other methods for getting better footage since I really hope this game takes off.

There was another program I tried before OBS that you could just draw an outline around what you wanted to record. That method could capture Steam, startup and the whole game along with keeping the framerate from plunging into the abyss. Glad at least some people at looking at it though - the soundtrack alone is 11/10 hype
  9. 04-30-2015, 01:36 PM
    I normally like to be pretty skeptical and strict, but all things considered I have no problem accepting. Unless of course you want this rejected so that you can enter a more thorough evidence packaged one.
  10. 04-30-2015, 01:48 PM
    Oh no I personally have no problems with this. Just musing on how to improve it. If this was presented to me I'd accept it, at least.
Join us