Rudy ferretti forum restriction

1. 06-01-2015, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA HAN View Post
    Can we stipulate that the account must have been created and active before the creation of this poll? Or this week/month/ect...

Either that or have a verified score on the board?
    I cant give you the link as I don't have it memorized. But I distinctly recall reading that it already works how you're suggesting. Only people who were verified before the creation of the poll can vote on it.
    Thanks HAN thanked this post
  2. 06-01-2015, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA HAN View Post
    Can we stipulate that the account must have been created and active before the creation of this poll? Or this week/month/ect...

Either that or have a verified score on the board?
    New accounts have no vote power anyway afaik (if they were created after the poll was started) but not 100% sure.
    Craig Rout Gallant

Current verified TG WRs: 58

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/CraigARG
    MAME World Records channel: http://www.youtube.com/MAMEWorldRecords
    Thanks HAN thanked this post
  3. 06-01-2015, 03:04 PM
    Correct. Accounts created after the poll was created are not eligible to vote.
    Long live the Video Game Illuminati
  4. 06-01-2015, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGex View Post
    Correct. Accounts created after the poll was created are not eligible to vote.
    To prevent the fact that the new account is that person trying to influence the poll.
    Whether it may be or not, better safe than sorry. That's fair.
  5. 06-01-2015, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    And I remind you of what he did to Tim Balderamos after that Podcast years back, which I mentioned earlier in this reply.
    Truth be told, we actually had a good conversion back then. I had pointed that out to him last year when I was invited to call into his show.

The recurring theme I and others had presented to him was to focus more on his scores, "let them speak for themselves," as I put it. Incidentally, that was the same advice I offered last year. And that is the same advice I would offer now.

As to what the community wants from Rudy, I cannot say. If I may offer a suggestion of what he could give, I would say - time.

Perhaps start with three months. Three months of "letting scores speak for themselves." No op-eds, no extraneous statements - on TG or anywhere else. Just the games - the scores, and nothing else.

My $0.02....
    Last edited by pacmantab; 06-01-2015 at 06:50 PM.
    Likes Snowflake, Barthax liked this post
  6. 06-01-2015, 06:52 PM
    He needs to cut out the lying as well.

-> In his expose video to Jace he claimed he could create additional accounts to post
    -> Now that the thread about his antics has gone nuclear he backtracks and on his Facebook page he posts, and I quote, "
    Nope cannot make duplicate accountsI have many people who love and support me and would never make fake accountscommon sense people would know a IP cannot be used inTG for duplicate accountsI have 2 IPS one in CA one in NV since I have two homes"

-> The other day I said on this very thread that he previously used his OCD to explain his actions.
    -> Not long after on his Facebook account he said he never did this
    -> SO, I searched and found two threads which he can no longer edit, one of which shows that he did at some point
    -> Today he posts in back-tracking, now that his lying again was exposed, "
    Clarify I have NOT blamed any actions on MY OCD OR ANXIETY disorders that cover me under ADA law since 2007-08 if I HAVE show me a postNOT SINCE prior YES
    "

So NOW, all of a sudden, it's not that he NEVER said OCD was to blame, now it is "NOT SINCE 2008"

I am done showing even a modicum of support for this liar. And as you can see from his reply, he STILL thinks that OCD is covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act which he threatened TG with years back if they did not reinstate him. He's certifiable...and also wrong. OCD is a disorder and NOT a disability. This only goes to show that my recollection of his claiming he was going to sue TG under that premise was no understatement...he actually DOES believe it is his trump card.

Name:  Rudy Rant 060115a.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  386.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RTM; 06-01-2015 at 06:55 PM.
  7. 06-01-2015, 08:14 PM
    It a matter of two sides and it is unfortunate we are spending so much F#$@ing time on this. Again. Rudy has been wronged in the past by old Twin Galaxies (s) all the different versions, I believe some of it but not all of it. So there is some pain and scars for him. But he is unwilling to forget and move on. Still holding a grudge. Which is unfair to the "new" Twin Galaxies and community. Then on the reverse side of things some, of this community won't forget and move on with issues with him, etc.

Jace presented a new beginning for everyone. He made it transparent. Everyone can compete. That is all Twin Galaxies should be about. (IMO) TG should be about the scoreboard and honoring the achievements who ever it is achieving the new records, etc.

The fact that he got banned from the forums so early shows his disruptive forums posts. I'm not sure if this can be done, but I think Rudy should be able to post on his submission threads. To be fair to explain, his submissions. That's all. No forums posts, can't post on other verifications,etc. If he is offensive in his posts under his submissions, no one will adjucate his scores and that will be that. You can choose yourself not to adduct any score you don't want to. You don't have to look at his posts. You choose too.

The fact the he wants to "expose" Twin Galaxies to destruction makes no sense at all. Why is he so willing to destroy what he wants so bad to be apart of? That what changed my mind.

I doubt this possible but this is what I would vote for. (Or if we had a commissioner, and I was that commissioner) :)

Rudy's Personal Submissions postings = Unbanned
    Forum posts = Still banned

IMO = I don't think the community should decide whether or not a person can be invited or uninvited to a private event. It should be the person conducting the event, corporation, sponsor,etc making the call. On a case by case situation. Leaving it up to a community as a whole is just a popularity contest again. Sides will be chosen.

After that all that matters is who is number #1 on the scoreboard for a certain game, player skill index, etc, stats.

So Rudy, Just Settle It on the Screen. If you are the best at everything then submit like everyone else and use the proper upload tools. Cause that all that is important here. High Scores. A Leaderboard.
  8. 06-03-2015, 02:26 PM
    Rudy Should not be allowed to be on. He is a (so called actor). He is lying about being good. He just pretending to get back on. trust me. He told a few people this, So. Answer is no, End of Posts.
    Todd Friedman
    Staff Writer - Old School Gamer Magazine
    Likes datagod liked this post
  9. 06-04-2015, 12:30 AM
    Poll is over now: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...in-lieu-of-Ban
    Can we let this thread age without further posts, please?
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes ssdninja, datagod liked this post
  10. 05-30-2019, 11:50 AM
    he will be allowes back on in about 2048 years. i wont hold my breath.
    Your friend, datagod
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Join us