I would like all my scores removed from the database please.

1. I would like all my scores removed from the database please.

05-31-2015, 03:11 PM
    http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-pro...tection_en.pdf

According to this European Union ruling, I ask the site owners to remove all my past scores from the database, thank you.

Jonathan A Hale

And close my account here after the above has been done.
    Likes Barra liked this post
  2. 06-01-2015, 12:24 AM
    I don't see how those rules apply but I support your right to try.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  3. 06-01-2015, 02:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by unclechicken View Post
    http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-pro...tection_en.pdf

According to this European Union ruling, I ask the site owners to remove all my past scores from the database, thank you.

Jonathan A Hale

And close my account here after the above has been done.
    The Twin Galaxies terms of service that you agreed to in order to become a member of the site, grants Twin Galaxies the non-exclusive irrevocable right to maintain any score that you have submitted.

If you would like to review the terms of service you can do so here:
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/faq.php?...#faq_tgfp_text

Your score removal request has been received and placed under consideration however, score removal of any kind will not be able to take place until after Twin Galaxies completes its comprehensive score challenge and removal system.

While that may disappointing, the good news is that we can indeed honor your request to close your account and will do so immediately.

Thank you for your patience.
  4. 06-01-2015, 07:23 AM
    If real scores are ever removed, this would be unfair to people who beat those scores as the number of people someone beats affects their PSI. There are plenty of people that only like to compete on something that already has a lot of scores, so changing the number of scores after someone else put in hardwork to beat it seems unfair. I could see possibly removing the name, so maybe it says "anonymous scored xxxx" but the score itself should never be removed.
  5. 06-01-2015, 05:41 PM
    I would not remove one score...period.

I read the ruling. SCORE DATA is always relevant to a scoring database. You will never see Elias Sports Bureau remove a single statistic due to this ruling, mark my word. And just try telling the IOC (International Olympic Committee) to remove every single old EU-based record from it's own database and related articles.

"Uncle Chicken" aka Caroline Hale's husband unless I am woefully mistaken should not have his scores removed. If he wants his account closed then so be it. But as for forum posts as well...I would not touch those either else TG is engaging in historical revisionism.

Next thing you know they will demand that the Tribunal thread RE Caroline's ban be removed as well as all of her own vitriolic posts.

I would not cave into EU-nonsense...not for one bloody second.
  6. 06-01-2015, 11:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I would not cave into EU-nonsense...not for one bloody second.
    Point of clarity: there's nothing nonsensical about that EU ruling (EU members have far more human rights than Americans in my understanding) but that is a different conversation. However, I would agree that it is a little nonsensical to have that ruling attempted to be used in this context where scoreboard participation is intended for public record.
    Last edited by Barthax; 06-02-2015 at 12:18 AM.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  7. 06-02-2015, 04:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Point of clarity: there's nothing nonsensical about that EU ruling (EU members have far more human rights than Americans in my understanding) but that is a different conversation. However, I would agree that it is a little nonsensical to have that ruling attempted to be used in this context where scoreboard participation is intended for public record.
    I guess you were provoked by having the eu refered to as "nonsense" but claiming to have more human rights kind of provokes me to. I'm very proud of our rights. I wont go into detail as to which rights that I think are better, as I also agree that is a different conversation, its just when you say you have "far more" that means we have "far less" and I gotta say something. I wont even claim we have more right or better rights than you. I will say though, for the different rights we have, I prefer ours.
    Likes Barthax liked this post
Join us