Atari 2600 / VCS - Freeway - PAL - Game 1, Difficulty B - 38 - Peter Nadalin

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Freeway - PAL - Game 1, Difficulty B - 38 - Peter Nadalin

08-14-2015, 03:34 PM
    vzaar-player

PAL - Game 1, Difficulty B
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=196604
    Rules
    Player/Side = Player's Choice
    Submission Message
    Hi All,
    Here is my Record Submission for the Above Track
    Record run starts at 2.33 on the video

Attached Screenshots of switches and score
    Name:  Freeway switches.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  26.1 KBName:  score 38.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  24.1 KB

Thanks for Viewing!
  2. 08-14-2015, 03:53 PM
    You did it mate, congrats.

Something real interesting with the Rad Action Pack cart. Although, you properly showed the B difficulty settings, the game played like if it was on A.
    (example at 1:20, before reset when you hit the blue car, you bounced back to the beginning, instead of a few lanes.)

Regardless, the only way to get 38 is following this pattern and without getting hit anyways, so the difficulty switch A or B, does not have any real meaning.

Name:  freeway.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  12.1 KB
    Thanks nads thanked this post
    Likes nads liked this post
  3. 08-14-2015, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marcamy View Post
    You did it mate, congrats.

Something real interesting with the Rad Action Pack cart. Although, you properly showed the B difficulty settings, the game played like if it was on A.
    (example at 1:20, before reset when you hit the blue car, you bounced back to the beginning, instead of a few lanes.)

Regardless, the only way to get 38 is following this pattern and without getting hit anyways, so the difficulty switch A or B, does not have any real meaning.

Name:  freeway.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  12.1 KB
    Cheers for the patch Marc!

Its interesting you mention that about the cart, i was watching Snowflake's submission and did notice he only went back a lane, not to the start.
    so effectively i played it on the harder level?
    Either way you are right, you can only achieve this score with a perfect run
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  4. 08-14-2015, 11:24 PM
    Congrats on earning the new patch! I just saw one on ebay for about $6 starting bid if you're interested.

On a seperate note...Have you ever tried to play the game "bloody human freeway"?

It's pretty much the same exact game, just with a human instead of a chicken.

Accepted
    PS.....Is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
  5. 08-14-2015, 11:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8erbob View Post
    Congrats on earning the new patch! I just saw one on ebay for about $6 starting bid if you're interested.

On a seperate note...Have you ever tried to play the game "bloody human freeway"?

It's pretty much the same exact game, just with a human instead of a chicken.

Accepted
    Thanks Scott!

i actually did buy this patch a while ago of eBay, I've been collecting them. Got it for about $20
    only noticed the Bloody human one the other day, haven't played it yet, I usually download the Rom to use on Stellar
    so this will be the next one.
  6. 08-15-2015, 12:02 AM
    RAD! congrats Peter.
    john m brissie
  7. 08-15-2015, 12:31 AM
    Superb. I chased this one for a while once upon a time. Still don't have a 38. :( Accepted. :D
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  8. 08-15-2015, 12:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Superb. I chased this one for a while once upon a time. Still don't have a 38. :( Accepted. :D
    I was sure you would have had this in some archive?.

it's frustrating to say the least, but I'm pretty sure you can get the 38 Andrew!
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  9. 08-15-2015, 12:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nads View Post
    I was sure you would have had this in some archive?.

it's frustrating to say the least, but I'm pretty sure you can get the 38 Andrew!
    I think I have a 37 in the archive - I was just lacking the patience. ;)
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  10. 08-15-2015, 04:03 AM
    Another 38 Club Member! Accepted!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us