Arcade - Dig Dug - Points [Marathon] - 5,429,010 - Donald Hayes

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 09-10-2015, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Fair enough. I guess you have looked for stats. Even with this though, I dont think other people not watching the whole video is a good enough reason to convince the rest of us to stop. Its a 'two wrongs dont make a right" sort of thing.
    Absolutely - no argument from me on that front. I'm not suggesting that watching videos in full is a waste of your time at all. more power to you and the community should be thanking the guys who are doing it properly.

There was a submission some time ago where the track stated "maximum" 5 lives. The evidence was a lengthy video. It wasn't until someone pointed out rather late in the adjudication process that the player had died 6 times, that adjudicators realised the score should have been rejected. Up to that point, it looked like it was going to sail through.... but that's just one isolated example.
  2. 09-10-2015, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TT View Post
    Absolutely - no argument from me on that front. I'm not suggesting that watching videos in full is a waste of your time at all. more power to you and the community should be thanking the guys who are doing it properly.There was a submission some time ago where the track stated "maximum" 5 lives. The evidence was a lengthy video. It wasn't until someone pointed out rather late in the adjudication process that the player had died 6 times, that adjudicators realised the score should have been rejected. Up to that point, it looked like it was going to sail through.... but that's just one isolated example.
    And from time to time scores will get through that shouldn't. But with the system in place now the full evidence is there to challenge a score and it will get removed if it's proven to be invalid (also 100 credibility penalty (presently) applied to those who adjudicated incorrectly)A big problem in past TG was the lack of transparency which this new system addresses since everything is out there for everyone to see. Allowing ppl to submit only snippets of a video, or witnesses, is just falling back into the old ways of TG.
    Craig Rout Gallant

Current verified TG WRs: 58

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/CraigARG
    MAME World Records channel: http://www.youtube.com/MAMEWorldRecords
    Likes francoisadt liked this post
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Join us