Arcade - Dig Dug - Points [Marathon] - 5,429,010 - Donald Hayes

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 09-04-2015, 11:35 AM
    Don't really have much to add except I agree with the Rejects and will be doing the same. Really hope this gets rejected fast to shut down any thoughts that submitting scores without full video evidence will be allowed. I really hope the days of hiding gameplay are a thing of the past.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
  2. 09-04-2015, 11:36 AM
    This also brings up another question toward Jace.
    In the state discussions he alludes that voting is broader than the comments. This will be interesting since we can see the count of how many click on the link.
    And it is curious that voters do take the time to read comments like when a submitter says to reject.

So is it real to say that the commentors don't have much say in the vote outcome.
    All very curious to observe....
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
    Likes ssdninja liked this post
  3. 09-04-2015, 11:47 AM
    Dude, are you kidding me? I streamed all my practice games and most of my WR game, this is just about a lame as it gets. Donald, SHAME ON YOU! Rejected.
    Thanks 1500points thanked this post
    Likes 1500points, D.B. Cooper, Silverboxer, Fly liked this post
  4. 09-04-2015, 12:01 PM
    To be clear, you have the other footage but are purposely hiding it? In order for me to accept a video with missing footage I'd need a darn good explanation. I"m not saying I'll never accept incomplete footage, I'm just saying the story better move me. Here the story is that you did it on purpose!!!!! And the timing too, you know this comes after a lot of drama with another purposely incomplete submission. Is this just trying to stir up emotion and cause problems? Come on man, you're not surprised one bit that this would be rejected.

I think what gets me most about this, is there are some thing on the edge i would like to submit, but i dont, because I know most people would agree its on the safe side of the edge and accept, but then it would be twisted to allow performances like this to be accepted. These stunts do not help the cause to push for more freedom in adjudication, it just backfires and makes people afraid to give in at all.

REJECTED
    Likes Silverboxer, ssdninja, creech liked this post
  5. 09-04-2015, 12:27 PM
    Well this became a lot more one sided. Also rejecting.
  6. 09-04-2015, 12:29 PM
    Guinness and twingalaxies are associated because of one common goal. Evidence. Im honored to be in the 2016 book's edition and proud to know I got accepted by the review adjudication system. Thank you fellow gamers for voting and reviewing my full submitted video., not partial bits of it.
  7. 09-04-2015, 12:34 PM
    Just to be clear this is a easy reject for me. Partial Video with acknowledgement of having the full video is ignorant to the system.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  8. 09-04-2015, 12:43 PM
    Here I found the original CAGDC announcement-
    http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/f...ic,6102.0.html

Which brings up a different question..Don, did you purposely omit the gameplay due to CAGDC potentially selling the gameplay on DVD?
    Like has been done with other player's performances around CAGDC.
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
  9. 09-04-2015, 12:44 PM
    I would never abstain from voting simply for the possibility of losing credibility points. The only reason I would abstain is because something is not clear enough to make judgement, but through conversation on those judgments can help me come to a conclusion. If a vote is 50/50 but I see things one way or another I'm casting my vote and if I'm penalized with points than so be it. obviously this is not the case here and was rather easy to come to a conclusion. It's not based on a belief of achievement.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  10. 09-04-2015, 01:12 PM
    I'm voting to reject for purpose of no video to back it up, I know that Don did the score but cant set standards that way.

I talked with Don a little about this score and what I thought about him submitting it. Of course I wanted him to submit the video in it's entirety, it's a great deal of work that he did and I think that the community would love to watch some of the strategies he came up with. It really does get back to all the work that someone has done to figure out a game and then show the work they do just to have someone else copy it and use it against you. I'm one that believes that if you really are the best show what you have, let someone copy it and see if they can beat you. Then you have to do it again and again till the other person submits. I know it's a lot of work and time put into it. I know that I would love to see Don and Ken go back and forth on this title, but I don't think that they themselves want to battle it out back and forth over and over again.

I call for a weekend battle at Kens place next weekend to settle who the best dirt digger is :)
    Likes Scoundrl, Barra, timhett liked this post
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Join us