This poll is closed
  1. Arcade - Dig Dug - Points [Marathon] - 5,429,010 - Donald Hayes

09-03-2015, 06:37 PM
    vzaar-player

Points [Marathon]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=18
    Rules
    There are 2 noted boardsets, each with different dip switch locations and switches. Revision 1 [Older Board] will be listed first followed by Revision 2 [Newer Board].
    8 SWITCH DIP [2C/D] [Older Board]
    1 = OFF
    2-5 = ON
    6 = OFF
    7 = ON
    8 = OFF
    8 SWITCH DIP [2C]
    1-2 = ON
    3 = OFF
    4-5 = ON
    6 = OFF
    7-8 = ON

8 SWITCH DIP [9N] [Newer Board]
    1 = OFF
    2-5 = ON
    6 = OFF
    7 = ON
    8 = OFF
    8 SWITCH DIP [9P]
    1 = ON
    2 = OFF
    3-4 = ON
    5 = OFF
    6-8 = ON
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    3 Lives
    Extra Lives: First at 10,000 Second at 40,000 and every 40,000
    Game Difficulty: B - Medium
    Special Note: While continues are enabled, continues are NOT allowed!

Use of the Double-Kill technique, where an enemy is killed by both pumping them up and dropping a rock on them simultaneously, resulting in a freeze of the game action, is considered an intentional glitch of the game, and is therefore a banned tactic.

Notation of Revised Board due to different placement of dipswitches appended Feburary 6th, 2009 @ 10:37PM CST.

Submission Message
    This is my arcade Dig Dug submission. The score was achieved on November 9, 2014 on my home machine.

As you will see, the attached video is not the full game. The debate about whether people will accept a submission without full video proof or not will likely continue for some time, but suffice it to say that for my own personal reasons and beliefs, I am choosing not to release the entire performance at this time. At some point in the future I probably will...just not today.

The video does contain the first 19 boards in their entirety, followed by 5-second still clips showing the score at the beginning of each round from round 2 through round 255. After that section are the complete snippets of round 136 (the round where all the monsters literally stop in their tunnels) and round 255 into the kill screen followed by post-game procedures (showing the settings through the test switch, the inside of the game, and the control panel). Greg Bond was present for most of the day to witness the performance.
    Likes Marcade, RTM liked this post
  2. 09-03-2015, 07:13 PM
    Your decision respected...Thanks for sharing the partial video. Like you said, hopefully one day you will do so in full.
  3. 09-03-2015, 11:06 PM
    Oh, man.

I don't know. I can say this though - definitely would have liked to see some kind of timepiece in the shots. Or some way of telling that no lengths of time are passing. I'll be interested to see where the debate goes but I don't see this going through.
  4. 09-03-2015, 11:08 PM
    Is Greg still active here? Could he post and help provide a witness claim?
  5. 09-04-2015, 01:55 AM
    You got big balls Don Hayes. You know VERY well the cr*p that has been laid on me for years for not showing my gameplay. YET you NEVER said anything in my defence!

There is NO doubt in my mind that you did that score. I actually was talking to Greg Bond on the phone not long after you did it, he told me that he was there for most of your game.

This will be an interesting adjudication thread. I sincerely wish you luck!

john
  6. 09-04-2015, 02:40 AM
    Absolutely no doubt Donald did this, and I believe anyone who knows him will agree too. I'm sure it's going to be contentious, but he gets my vote.
    Jon Stoodley

9 times live freehand perfect Pac Man - Arcade
  7. 09-04-2015, 02:50 AM
    I believe he accomplished this too, but then are we going to allow different rules for different people based on status? I'm sure there's a good percentage of people that would like to keep their strategies hidden but in order for their submission to get accepted they have to bite the bullet and do what they have to do. If anything this will bring up interesting conversation.
  8. 09-04-2015, 05:30 AM
    There's gotta be a minimum standard to maintain the what the old TG strived for in video submissions. The quality reasons have dropped from old TG but this is one step too far, in my opinion - blatant removal of evidence. This one's an easy reject from me.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes Marcade, pat33999, Emayl, sk8erbob, Fly and 1 others liked this post
  9. 09-04-2015, 05:49 AM
    Sorry, To be constant I reject this submission because no full video are shown. I think the days of keeping strategies to oneself and the "FBI" is over.
    Sorry Donald, if full submission is made I will accept because few gamers were evident that you have done it before.

Regards
    Francois du Toit
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at:

Francois du Toit
  10. 09-04-2015, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by creech View Post
    I believe he accomplished this too, but then are we going to allow different rules for different people based on status? I'm sure there's a good percentage of people that would like to keep their strategies hidden but in order for their submission to get accepted they have to bite the bullet and do what they have to do. If anything this will bring up interesting conversation.
    This is about the point where a submission gets contentious and the ability to vote your conscience without threat of penalty goes away. We have at least one stated accept and one stated reject so far and I'm sure a couple others leaning in both directions as well. Probably going to leave this one alone.
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Join us