Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - 1,170,500 - Wes Copeland

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 09-20-2015, 07:40 PM
    Meant to include this in the last post. Attached is a PDF with a more thorough breakdown of Wes' game.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. 09-21-2015, 01:56 AM
    they say Quasar fttttt ..lo
  3. 09-21-2015, 06:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrl View Post
    So Wes sent me a pic of the ROMs with the white labels. They simply say the chip location. Often simply a sign of the roms being bad and being replaced. Clearly this is not the HARD romset and the gameplay looks legit. Its an ACCEPT from me. Good work Wes!

-Ken
    Thanks, Ken! A good reminder to all of us to show everything we can as best we can every time. Thanks for following up and verifying with Wes for all of us!
  4. 09-22-2015, 12:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrl View Post
    So Wes sent me a pic of the ROMs with the white labels. They simply say the chip location. Often simply a sign of the roms being bad and being replaced

-Ken

Can you post the pic that Wes sent you Ken, so we can all see that they are JUST replaced (cough cough, original roms)?

Thanks.

john

5. 09-22-2015, 02:10 AM
    Epic performance. Accepted
  6. 09-22-2015, 05:17 AM
    Great Job Wes. This is 100% legit he hit out of the park with this performance all. 1.2 Million on a Cab is really just a matter of time now. Wes and Robbie have both shown they can get there and have several games deep at that pace so now it looks like who is gonna get there first! (Ethan Daniels is also knocking on the 1.2 door too everyone. I expect a large 1.1 game from him soon) :)

ACCEPT from me for sure again superb performance Wes.
  7. 09-22-2015, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Can you post the pic that Wes sent you Ken, so we can all see that they are JUST replaced (cough cough, original roms)?

Thanks.

john

You ever sent a pic of the roms of Zookeeper in your machine? How do you know they are original? Honestly all this crappola for DK needs to change all. We don't need to be dissecting the cabinet to show roms and sticks and power supplies. Pretty much have a lot of real "experts" now in DK who who can tell if a game of DK is "legit" or not now without requiring all that other nonsense. Seriously we can change this now its a new age of TG all. If we have to do this for DK than shouldn't we have to do it for EVERY submission? Just sayin' :)
    Thanks timhett, ssdninja thanked this post
  8. 09-22-2015, 05:56 AM
    I voted accept and congrats.

Regarding arcade hardware, tgsap is already seeing a transition to the logical.
    You are rarely going to find 1980s pcbs with original unreplaced roms due to age and failure which is highly common in the preservation/restoration world. And unlìke wolfmame you will never be able to get someone to do an src check on any arcade roms.
    A good example, pause hacks are a typical enhancement to roms, but you the adjudicator would never know it was added in code unless the submitter used it or divulged. Gotta let some of the old pedantics go and move forward, avoiding analysis paralysis which cripples any endeavor. :)
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
  9. 09-22-2015, 06:35 AM
    Ps- Regarding Dan's me tio of PS pedantics....power supplies for nintendo games...power is power and doesn't contain any embedded digital signals which could alter software code.... and some hobbyists do take the avenue of changing to alternate power sources such as this one. Arcadeshop and bob roberts are top US resources for arcades so depending on sourced parts you will see machines with a similar arcadeshop setup. Simply reality of ancient equipment. I would vote accept regardless of original power source.
    www.arcadeshop.com/pdf/Nintendo_Power_Supply_kit.pdf
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
    Likes danman1234 liked this post
  10. 09-22-2015, 07:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1500points View Post
    Ps- Regarding Dan's me tio of PS pedantics....power supplies for nintendo games...power is power and doesn't contain any embedded digital signals which could alter software code.... and some hobbyists do take the avenue of changing to alternate power sources such as this one. Arcadeshop and bob roberts are top US resources for arcades so depending on sourced parts you will see machines with a similar arcadeshop setup. Simply reality of ancient equipment. I would vote accept regardless of original power source.
    www.arcadeshop.com/pdf/Nintendo_Power_Supply_kit.pdf
    Exactly we are getting into ages where its just not realistic to think a cab is "original". Still without some chain of custody how do you KNOW 100% that everything in the cab you bought is 100% authentic and completely original hardware? You DON'T it's that simple. All these rules for DK are simply insane. Let's just get back to recording the game and the player and submit that. Is it super hard to do all this nonsense? No not really... but is it ridiculous to be required today? Yes.... The next question I have is how do we as a community get this changed so other people can do what probably 99.9999% of the other submissions do. Record you playing the game....

Thanks,
    Dan
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Join us