Hercules Pinball...Did I set a record?

1. Hercules Pinball...Did I set a record?

10-15-2015, 09:49 PM
    I was at the Pinball Expo in Wheeling, IL this evening and got a high score of 101580 on the Hercules Pinball machine. So one else was evening getting half that. I'm just wondering if I set some kind of record. Any input on the that? I have a picture but am unsure about how to add it to this post.
  2. 10-15-2015, 11:48 PM
    Sounds like you had a great time. :) Doesn't look like Twin Galaxies has Hercules in the database so there's no existing scores to compare against around here. Typically Pinball is difficult to confirm & I think 1500points/TG are working with some pinball experts to get some minimum rules for what evidence is needed but there would definitely be a minimum requirement of video evidence.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes datagod liked this post
  3. 10-16-2015, 04:31 AM
    Hi,
    Walter and I skipped expo this year...my grandson's flag football game is Saturday...so apologies.

There are only a few working examples of this title in the world and it introduces the pre story of Ron Halliburton and Bigfoot pinball. Ron is on par with Nolan Bushnell, the guy who invented restaurant buzzers people get when waiting, and he is currently relaunching a gaming venture.

So do this...have someone phone video your whole game panning from playfield to score during game, including the final score and the original start of game. I will create a pinball track for it with loose rules. You will indeed be the record holder in the tg database.

Did i hear that the streaming celebrity jack danger was going to do a broadcast around hercules? He might be hard to beat.
    http://allincolorforaquarter.blogspo...of-allied.html
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  4. 10-18-2015, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dukeg442 View Post
    I was at the Pinball Expo in Wheeling, IL this evening and got a high score of 101580 on the Hercules Pinball machine. So one else was evening getting half that. I'm just wondering if I set some kind of record. Any input on the that? I have a picture but am unsure about how to add it to this post.
    Hi 1500points and Barthax. Thanks for the reply. I'm very new to this so pardon my ignorance. Regarding the video evidence. I am assuming this is normally done if someone is trying to set a record and does so intentionally (I saw all the cameras set up above the competition machines). What happens if it's just a regular guy like me that does not compete, goes to the annual pinball convention for fun but ends up with a killer game or two during the evening? Why wouldn't a picture of the game and score be admitted as evidence?

My second question: The last time I ran into someone that recorded my score as official was back in 1998. Later I found my name at this website so I am assuming that the individual was from here. How often is that done? I've never run into anyone recording scores since then.

1500, Thanks for acknowledging my score. I would like to email or attach the picture of my score but I can't see a method for doing this.

Thanks for you time, guys.

Duke
  5. 10-18-2015, 11:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dukeg442 View Post
    Hi 1500points and Barthax. Thanks for the reply. I'm very new to this so pardon my ignorance. Regarding the video evidence. I am assuming this is normally done if someone is trying to set a record and does so intentionally (I saw all the cameras set up above the competition machines). What happens if it's just a regular guy like me that does not compete, goes to the annual pinball convention for fun but ends up with a killer game or two during the evening? Why wouldn't a picture of the game and score be admitted as evidence?

My second question: The last time I ran into someone that recorded my score as official was back in 1998. Later I found my name at this website so I am assuming that the individual was from here. How often is that done? I've never run into anyone recording scores since then.
    These two questions are kind of asked in the wrong order for the current era Twin Galaxies. What you experienced in 1998 was a sanctioned Twin Galaxies referee taking down scores and later placing them into the database.

TG no longer has referees and so such activities no longer occur. For getting scores into the new Twin Galaxies you must get verified and then you can submit your "evidence package" - it can be as little or as much as you care but with that evidence package you will have to convince a lot of people that it is a genuine claim. A picture alone will no longer cut it: you could just as easily have walked by a machine & got a snap of someone else's score. In addition, there's the fact that no-one has yet attempted to get a (real) Pinball score (i.e., not a simulation on a console) adjudicated in this new era. There have been several "lively" discussions on what the minimum requirements for such a submission might be but there's never been a consensus... yet. I'm not trying to discourage you, just lay the current terrain in front of you for evaluation.

Enjoy your gaming, regardless. :)
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  6. 10-19-2015, 04:43 AM
    Yep, if you had shot a video of your play it would have passed the submission process.
    A photo won't make it thru voting nowadays, unfortunately.
    Did you go back to record another session on the table?

Trippy game considering the pinball is a pool cue ball.
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
  7. 06-05-2017, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1500points View Post
    Yep, if you had shot a video of your play it would have passed the submission process.
    A photo won't make it thru voting nowadays, unfortunately.
    Did you go back to record another session on the table?

Trippy game considering the pinball is a pool cue ball.
    What! TG isn't seriously considering home/self recorded video's for Real Pinball machine world records, with the long documented history of how easy it is to alter pinball machines to get big scores are they...
    If so I need to catch up on whats going on.

Aaron T Reynolds a.k.a "Jadepanther"
    Video Gamer since pong, Pinball Freak
    several World Records on "Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection" for PS2
Join us