Nintendo Entertainment System - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game - NTSC - Points - 893 - Kyle Nelson

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Nintendo Entertainment System - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game - NTSC - Points - 893 - Kyle Nelson

10-22-2015, 08:15 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Points
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=10207
    Rules
    Factory Default [No Codes or Continues Allowed!]
    Special Rules: While some leeching is permitted in regards to opportunities against certain bosses [50 Points maximum], too much will result in your score being disqualified.
    Submission Message
    Ok everyone, this is the video/score I was referring to in the Let's talk about TG discussion that is going on about set rules/leeching/guidlines etc. I'm posting it here because if all is what I understand it to be, I have set the WR.....but not accurately with the rules. So the rules to the game are 50 max leeching on bosses and no other leeching rules are really discussed other than to much leeching will DQ basically. Only one boss in the entire game can reach that 50 point max. Baxter Stockman drops unlimited mousers. Kill 50 mousers and Stockman is 51 kills for that boss. Shredder clones himself 8 times total and no more. So that means the current record holder used the boss max leech on the infinite motorcycle spawn on the highway. Here's my dilemma, I have beaten his score by 1 recording a total score of 893. Since the motorcycles where treated as a boss fight in order to get those 50 kills, I killed 51. Same amount of kills in the Stockman fight. If you watch the video I could have killed 2 more but didn't because that would have exceeded that 51 kills.

My concern with this submission is the rules don't defy exactly what the leeching rules really are. I personally feel the motorcycles are not a boss and should not have been leeched 50 times, that seems excessive. I think 15 should have been the max since that is the max spawn rate for an individual enemy type generated by the CPU in the last stage. I could also argue that he used the boss rules of a max 50 leech on bosses was used and that is how he got his final score (that is what he did). And then there is my argument that if the bikers are treated as a boss leech scenario, then 51 should be the max because you would leech 50, and one more kill would be considered the boss just like the Stockman fight.

I want to be clear, I have no doubt about the current record holders play. Not trying to discredit them at all. This to me is the clearest way to show how if the rules aren't 100% set in stone, absolutely can't be interpreted any other way than what they read, Adjudication votes or rejects are all purely how one sees them on their view points. I've only been active on here for a short time, but I can only imagine that few WR have been broken or denied based on biased views of the rules which isn't really fair. I'm simply giving my reasoning for why I did what I did. But that's the real issue, your interpretation of the rules set are going to be different than how I read them because they are not defined clearly. I do feel that my total is valid based on the boss leeching plus boss kill equaling 51. It's not a ha, ha I wanted the record so I found a loop hole scenario.

I'd like to hear other peoples thoughts, or if somebody who is much more efficient on here wants to post this to the Lets talk TG discussion board to show it as an example be my guest. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy the video. GAME ON!
    Thanks ThroughtonsHeir thanked this post
    Likes ThroughtonsHeir liked this post
  2. 10-22-2015, 08:35 PM
    This will be an interesting one
    Likes thegamer1185 liked this post
  3. 10-22-2015, 09:07 PM
    I'm afraid I have to reject because you went over the 50 mark on the bosses.
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  4. 10-22-2015, 09:08 PM
    I know it Ninja, I was a little hesitant submitting it. I think and hope it will open up a few eyes as to what is being discussed lately about uncertainty of rules and how it affects voting. You wont hear me gripe about anything one way or the other regarding the outcome. I even said it myself that I feel the biker leeching was extensive and that leeching should be limited to the max CPU generated amount not based on an infinite spawn. This play shows that I was basically using the current records score value, figured out how he did it, and then went with what I felt would be considered acceptable. Again, I feel like mine is valid based on the fact his was accepted and mine just enhanced upon it using the boss/leech kill total of 51, but that's how I feel, not everyone else. So back to no clear distinctive rules leaving this one in a gray area.
  5. 10-22-2015, 09:11 PM
    I didn't go over the 50 leech max. If you note the total value in at the start of the Stockman fight and the bikers part, I leeched the spawn to 50. The boss is its own individual kill. If I exceeded 50, then your saying that the current record should have been rejected. Because the only extra kill I had was the 51st biker I killed that I considered to be the BOSS kill which is how I scored 1 more than he did.
    Thanks ssdninja, ThroughtonsHeir thanked this post
    Likes ssdninja, ThroughtonsHeir liked this post
  6. 10-22-2015, 09:20 PM
    I haven't checked your numbers but I agree with the reasoning.
  7. 10-22-2015, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ssdninja View Post
    I haven't checked your numbers but I agree with the reasoning.

I enter the Baxter Stockman fight at 11:09ish with 225 kills. I leeched 50 mousers and killed Stockman and leave the fight with 276. The biker leech starts at 23:49ish with 446 kills and I leave with 497 (note I didn't kill those extra bikers because I would have then exceeded 51 total kills, making me a hycocrit).
    There is a total of 784 enemy spawns in the game, minus 8 Shredders, 50 mouser leech, and the infinite CRAZY 88 (Kill Bill reference). I killed 50 bikers and Mach Rider (Classic) for the boss kill making 51 kills, same as the Stockman/Mouser fight. Add those up and you get my 893.
  8. 10-22-2015, 09:36 PM
    Thank you for clearing that up, accepted.
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  9. 10-22-2015, 11:15 PM
    Expertise gameplay. accepted.
    The Circle Leader
    King of Genesis
    Son of GinaLee
    Thanks thegamer1185 thanked this post
  10. 10-23-2015, 03:00 AM
    In this game, the leeching is clearly staying in one spot defeating the same ever-spawning enemies. If the clause was not in the rules for the variation concerning a max of 50, then this would get caught by clause 1.0 & 3.0.b in the Official Leeching Policy: there is no forward progress (to kill Baxter / move forward at the bikers) and the game is not getting more difficult. This act therefore counts as leeching. However, the rules for the variation permit leeching with a specified limit of 50.

Baxter: the rules are not clear on whether the leeching counts the boss as the leech or not, so a lenient interpretation permits 50 mouser +1 boss, especially as if there was no act of leeching the boss would have been surpassed regardless. The act of leeching is in not hitting the boss to progress.

The biker position requires the dodging/attacking of at least two bikers to get past the section as proven by the exit strategy around 25:40. The biker section is started with 446 points @23:48 and is exited with 497. There is no boss in this section but it is reasonable to conclude that at least one hit would be made with no leeching: 446+50+1=497.

I have no seen any other area where leeching could be considered an act: areas are either moved on from or the limited enemies are dealt with and then moved on.

Accepted.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us