Nintendo Entertainment System - Godzilla: Monster of Monsters! - NTSC - Points - 13,457,360 - Joe Jackmovich

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Nintendo Entertainment System - Godzilla: Monster of Monsters! - NTSC - Points - 13,457,360 - Joe Jackmovich

11-04-2015, 07:47 PM
    NTSC - Points
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=1743
    Rules
    Must Start New Game! [No Passwords]
    Special Rules: Your scoring attempt ends when you lose all the monsters under your control and the Game Over screen comes up OR if you beat the game.
    Submission Message
    YouTube -

Direct capture using my garbage setup that I've been using recently. Reset at the beginning, only one run.

So this game is probably better for a low score run since literally everything gives you points. There is unlimited potential for multiple methods of leeching.

What I tried to do (at first) is to keep forward progress by generally moving each monster through every hex of the map. Sometimes I repeat because I'm not drawing out an Euler circuit or I try to make up for lost squares. However by Pluto I pretty much gave up though and started speeding through just to get this finished. So there was a lot of points left on the table by the end of the run if it makes anyone feel better.

Score is visible at 5:39:19 since I'm sure you'll all be dying to watch almost six hours of the most exciting game the NES had to offer :p
Join us