This poll is closed
  1. Odyssey² / Videopac - K.C. Munchkin! - NTSC - Maze 8 - 89 - john brissie

11-21-2015, 09:47 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Maze 8
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=129284
    Rules
    Press Button (8) on the Alpha-Numeric Keypad.
    Submission Message
    Hi everyone,

Here is a video of my record for munchkin maze 8.

Starts at 2:44.

Thanks for watching and voting.

2. 11-23-2015, 06:24 PM
    Love this game, accepted!
    -Ohya, baby! I'm the first ever dude on the planet to get a documented PERFECT score on Bonk's Adventure!
    I also have a high score on Alfred Chicken.... yeah, not as good.
    http://videogames101.com
    or http://www.youtube.com/user/starsoldier1
  3. 11-23-2015, 11:34 PM
    Great score John !!

One suggestion as I have a lot of experience at the title. In this specific maze pattern, as well as the visible variant, plan on eating the energizers based on when the central hub is about to lead to where you want to go next, not when the ghosts are close. This one needs to be grunted out rather than point-pressed. Play for longevity, less for points. Sometimes in this pattern getting to the next quadrant safely is more important than killing the ghosts. If done properly you will be in a new quadrant with a new energizer anyway. Second tip...save the energizer for LAST for the first quadrant for sure, and last IF possible for the next two. When you reach the fourth stick closely by the energizer and eat when threatened, but be well aware of the movement pattern of that final dot. Good luck :)
  4. 11-24-2015, 12:09 AM
    Thanks for the awesome advice, it's very much appreciated.
    john m brissie
    Likes RTM liked this post
  5. 11-25-2015, 06:08 AM
    Hi John. I have a concern/question. I also own this game, and every cartridge I have, this one is included, is labeled as "Odyssey2". Your cartridge has a very different label and is labeled "videopac". Isnt "videopac" the pal version but odyssey2 the NTSC version? I did notice for example you're playing on actual odyssey2, however ,in the past people have used an NTSC N.E.S. toploader to play pal games and that mixing and matching wasnt allowed. I dont see how this is any different. I'm leaning towards a technical reject, what are your thoughts?
  6. 11-25-2015, 06:10 AM
    I also wanted to add that on a personal note I feel horrible about even bringing this up. Had you not used a camera I would've never even noticed. So this is nothing against you, just the opposite, I respect you all the more for showing evidence that could be used against you.
  7. 11-25-2015, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Hi John. I have a concern/question. I also own this game, and every cartridge I have, this one is included, is labeled as "Odyssey2". Your cartridge has a very different label and is labeled "videopac". Isnt "videopac" the pal version but odyssey2 the NTSC version? I did notice for example you're playing on actual odyssey2, however ,in the past people have used an NTSC N.E.S. toploader to play pal games and that mixing and matching wasnt allowed. I dont see how this is any different. I'm leaning towards a technical reject, what are your thoughts?
    Hi William, I was a little curious about this game too. The 38 unlimited variations in the upper right just made me think it was a special Phillips multi cart but when I finally played it it was clear that it's just for Munchkin. I just looked at the manual and cart again, it was made in France (c) 1982, the booklet says it's for the G7000, the PAL version of the Odyssey2. Must be a compatible PAL cart, maybe they all are.

I'm glad you noticed that and brought it up here. IMO this should be rejected.

Before I post in the reject me please thread I want to make sure that's the census and don't make people guess about it being rejected.
    john m brissie
  8. 11-25-2015, 05:38 PM
    well on the brightside its cool to know we can play pal games on our odyssey2. not very useful for TG scores, but useful for having fun.
  9. 11-26-2015, 12:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    well on the brightside its cool to know we can play pal games on our odyssey2. not very useful for TG scores, but useful for having fun.
    It's a similar situation for Videopacs (PAL): they can play most of the Odyssey2 (NTSC) carts and in some cases I believe it may be the same ROM in both regions. I have the Pack Rat 233-in-1 and it has notes at the bottom of the page (and in the manual) which depict their own testing: http://www.packratvg.com/o2multi.html
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  10. 11-26-2015, 11:45 PM
    Hopefully you can find a NTSC cart soon John.

Rejecting as requested
Join us