Nintendo Entertainment System - Top Gun - NTSC - Points - 1,083,200 - Kyle Nelson

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 04-15-2016, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    Thanks for replying Creech. I get what your saying about how long of play makes it a marathon play. But....it has been established this not a marathon play by rule so that's where we're at. So the question is, does my taking a break for 8 minutes go against any "regular" gameplay rules making this play invalid after the break taken?
    Man, I think it's a marathon, but, to answer your more recent question about the break, yeah, Starcrytas took a break, can't remember how long, but it was more than enough, I don't think it was longer than 8 minutes and we had to reject it.
  2. 04-15-2016, 09:15 PM
    Did he pause the game? Or was it during the credits like this one? Because pausing is against the rules, letting the credits roll for 8 minutes isn't stated in any rule.
  3. 04-15-2016, 09:15 PM
    But at the same time, the Starcrytas run wasn't 7 hours. Normally for tape flips or switching recording media if that's the case I think you were allowed so much time, this is different here though. It's 7 hours. Yeah, hope to hear from Barthax especially.
  4. 04-15-2016, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    Did he pause the game? Or was it during the credits like this one? Because pausing is against the rules, letting the credits roll for 8 minutes isn't stated in any rule.
    Man, I wish I could find it, it's reject, and he resubmitted the same thing and it was rejected again. Don't remember the pausing situation.
  5. 04-15-2016, 09:19 PM
    I know I'm filling up this thread here and I don't mean to, but this is 7 hours of play, an 8 minute break, this is a marathon. Starcrytas recently did a zelda ocarina run and he paused. I didn't watch this yet, but as I've been soaking in the info I think at the very least pause or not it's legit.
  6. 04-15-2016, 09:22 PM
    I think maybe Starcrytas paused to switch something in order to keep recording. Should the gamer be penalized for 8 minutes of non paused break?
    Likes thegamer1185 liked this post
  7. 04-15-2016, 09:32 PM
    I was going to mention q-bert, as far as resting while dying off men. That's allowed. A game that doesn't need to be paused to take a break? I'm unsure. It's just a rule(marathon play) I don't want to stick my head out on because I can't say definitively. But for 7 hours of play i have no problem with an 8 minute break. But also, Starcytas showed the world clock to show that the breaks were legit. Like I said, just took a quick look and don't know if this was shown as proof. I was asked to take a look before someone gets on my case. :D That's all I can offer. Will follow the thread. Very interesting situation here.
  8. 04-15-2016, 09:48 PM
    I see, the gamer just left the vid running during the break, I personally lean heavily towards legit or yes. There were no cuts.
  9. 04-15-2016, 09:52 PM
    Okay, after a 100 posts, the only thing is, an 8 minute break is long and usually isn't allowed, unless accumulation of extra guys where the game is still on going, but in this case, it's 7 hours approx. is 8 minutes tolerable?
  10. 04-15-2016, 10:08 PM
    I think in the Ocarina of Time run, Matt just navigated to the inventory screen as I recall. Took breaks, for "recording purposes" which I believe, a long run ya know. Just like this. But this was continuous, and wasn't technically paused.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Join us