Nintendo Entertainment System - Top Gun - NTSC - Points - 1,083,200 - Kyle Nelson

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Nintendo Entertainment System - Top Gun - NTSC - Points - 1,083,200 - Kyle Nelson

03-11-2016, 07:37 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Points
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=11714
    Rules
    Factory Default
    Special Rules: This game does loop over upon completion. You may continue onwards until you reach a Game Over.
    Submission Message

There are no extra lives given in the game. Threw out a giant F-bomb on the last death during a landing that looked good to me. Anyway, dead air before the boot up and reset the game after my run ended. Since this was a little over 7 hours and would be considered a marathon run, I took about an 8 minute break at 5:31:30 to just before 5:39:00 which is allowed according to TG marathon rules. Thanks for watching and good gaming.
  2. 03-11-2016, 08:24 PM
    These are the 2 attachments that didn't get loaded for some reason.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (20).jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	13099Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (21).jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	13100
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  3. 04-14-2016, 03:34 PM
    1 month bump
  4. 04-14-2016, 05:56 PM
    If only f-bombs got you extra points. ;)
    "Unable to scream
    Lips like keroscene"
    Likes thegamer1185, HugDD liked this post
  5. 04-14-2016, 06:13 PM
    First of all, very nicely played!

I wanted to get some feedback on what is considered a "marathon" track, as the TG guidelines linked here make it sound like to be eligible to be a marathon, the gameplay must not only exceed 12 hours in length, but also must have the title be designated "marathon", as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marathon.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	14201

According to these stipulations, I feel that this score, while very impressive, doesn't qualify as a marathon...what does everyone else feel about the guidelines here, am I interpreting them correctly?
    Likes thegamer1185 liked this post
  6. 04-14-2016, 06:58 PM
    Well this will be a good discussion for the community. So the track doesn't state anything about a marathon, so there's that going against me. But the rules do state that any marathon is 12 hours or more, which this isn't, so I don't have to follow the marathon rules mentioned above.

So this is a standard play as Han has stated. I don't think there is any fault with my taking a break however. Even though this isn't a marathon run, I still followed the 15 minute ( I took about an 8 minute break) per 3 hours of play as mentioned in the marathon rules. I took this break at the end of the game during the credits which has music playing so you know that the game is still fully functioning. Also, there is no clear written rule in the standard policy guidelines that states anything about taking a break at any time isn't allowed. I know that "pausing" during game play is NOT ALLOWED, but letting the game sit on the credits is not pausing. Most games actually loop over after the credits are run making what I did not really possible like Contra, Lifeforce, etc., but this game plays the greatest movie anthem over and over until you press start so that's why I was able to do it during that time.
  7. 04-14-2016, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    If only f-bombs got you extra points. ;)
    To hell with extra points, how about money! I'd be in the top 1% of the wealthiest people in the world. Oh what ifs....sad face.
    Likes Desidious liked this post
  8. 04-14-2016, 07:05 PM
    On a personnel side note, I love my gaming as much as anyone, but I'm not going to risk health issues by not taking a break when I need one under reasonable conditions. As in bathroom and a quick sandwich. Not saying that sways anything one way or the other, but that's why I did it.
    Likes Desidious liked this post
  9. 04-14-2016, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    On a personnel side note, I love my gaming as much as anyone, but I'm not going to risk health issues by not taking a break when I need one under reasonable conditions. As in bathroom and a quick sandwich. Not saying that sways anything one way or the other, but that's why I did it.
    I remember Robert mentioning something alongside the lines of a "pee bottle" for certain maration tracks but there's no way I could do that and you could imagine what my wife said. lol If only most games had the credits thing to let you break and I would be doing it too.

By the way, I would be at the top 1% with you bud. ;)
    "Unable to scream
    Lips like keroscene"
  10. 04-14-2016, 07:35 PM
    Yeah, I got 4 children, peeing in a bottle in the living room is not something I want to start doing. They are at that young age of 5,4,3, and 1. I can just see them taking their cups and peeing in the living room. Their mom would freak out and so would I, then they would say well Dad did it......and then I'd be divorced.
    Likes Desidious, HugDD liked this post
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Join us