Nintendo Entertainment System - Cliffhanger - NTSC - Points - 959,385 - Rudy Ferretti

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 03-24-2016, 01:12 AM
    There have indeed been times where I voted accept on a submission but didn't comment, to make a long story short, the video disappeared and I wasn't exactly tracking it and it was then rejected due to missing evidence. I prefer to NOT get involved in situations of the like again.
    Likes nads liked this post
  2. 03-24-2016, 01:21 AM
    another scenario I steer clear of nowadays is a submission that's been in the cue for about 3 weeks to a month. The submission contains some contentious dialogue. Pretty split, then a month in the submitter says reject. I won't even reject, I abstain on those. If it's not a clear reject then why ask? I know, off topic, but nobodies picking on poor Rudy here. Just trying to be a conscientious adjudicator.
    Likes nads, Snowflake, datagod liked this post
  3. 03-24-2016, 04:38 AM
    I am voting Accept because the evidence at this time fully supports this submission. I do wish that all people could upload direct to TG but I can't say boo when someone either has a technical inability to do this or a preference not to. It's their choice to present evidence however they like and it's our choice to vote or abstain. If we vote we should stay close to the submission until it clears like any other submission we vote on.

I am wondering, though... If we are subscribed to a thread in the Submission Review queue that gets accepted/rejected, then something like a challenge is brought against the accepted/rejected score, would we still be subscribed and get some sort of notification?

Also - does anyone think there will be a rash of challenges from people scouring accepted submissions for dead video links? I know it's a possibility, but as it's been said about the previous generations of referees, the score was accepted for a reason. This evidence here supports this submission to TG and is all good in this voter's opinion.
  4. 03-24-2016, 04:45 AM
    EDIT: I understand the benefit of having permanent evidence in the TG database for the sake of reviewing the performance if any further information has come about regarding historic performances. If such a thing were to happen with this game/track and the evidence wasn't available to review any more, would it be removed from the leaderboard? Maybe. Maybe not. I'm having trouble feeling any strong intuition either way about the future state of score challenges and reviews.
  5. 03-24-2016, 06:21 AM
    I like how whiners are pretending this isn't a personal decision to just discriminate his scores. Rudy doesn't upload here cuz he doesn't think Jace deserves a single dime for his game plays. If he keeps his web show off of Twitch, he's fine. That was the problem. You can't have a show talking about just, whatever, on Twitch.
  6. 03-24-2016, 06:22 AM
    Don't bother defending yourselves on that first claim. I'd only believe like, maybe 2 people ever on this site.
  7. 03-24-2016, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    EDIT: I understand the benefit of having permanent evidence in the TG database for the sake of reviewing the performance if any further information has come about regarding historic performances. If such a thing were to happen with this game/track and the evidence wasn't available to review any more, would it be removed from the leaderboard? Maybe. Maybe not. I'm having trouble feeling any strong intuition either way about the future state of score challenges and reviews.
    Ben asking the important questions.

Before anyone accuses me of derailing the thread, I do think this is a very important question as adjudicators need to know what they're getting into. We unfortunately dont have a clear yes/no from Jace at this time. What we have is (paraphrasing here) a vague warning something to the affect of "we encourage direct upload, if a link goes down the score may be pulled. do so at your own risk".

I have only ever lost credibility twice across all my thousands of adjudications. The one time with the moded console where the points where refunded, as well as a Rudy's disappearing evidence submission. Again, this is NOT a call for a reject, this is a "vote at your own risk" warning. When making the decision to take the risk beware of the above, also be aware that Rudy has previously said his links wouldnt come down, yet they still did. This promise here is nothing new. If anyone wants to scour the rejected archives they can find evidence of this, I wont be doing that myself though as the rejected archives arent super easy to scan.

No disrespect intended to the accepters. You're brave individuals putting your credibility where your mouths are. I just think people deserve to know the full story before putting their credibility on the line.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes bensweeneyonbass, datagod liked this post
  8. 03-24-2016, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    Also - does anyone think there will be a rash of challenges from people scouring accepted submissions for dead video links?
    This will indeed be a problem. However I think the only burden the player should have is replacing the video with it's original time and score intact. There is no way every site is going to exist forever, as I said earlier, if Jace doesn't ENFORCE uploading to TG only, then I cannot hold it against somebody who doesn't nor can I hold it against them for a dead URL. The performance was seen by me, validated, gave the proper burden of proof that answers the question above us all in this forum.

Between some sites need to change URL formats, change URLs, just sell out and die off (blip.tv). If Twitch is bought and absorbed. My only recommendation for Rudy, which I will tell him now, is perhaps he should furnish his YouTube URL for his submissions as well. They automatically upload so it's just a good backup. Again, I'm not holding it against a user for not uploading until Jace declares it's how it's done, and there is no other way.

Plus, quoting this guy cuz this is a serious concern.
  9. 03-24-2016, 07:57 AM
    Yeah I can't vote on something that may be taken down and reversed on challenge later on. It's happened before. The taking down part, not the challenge of course.

The TG player is the best we have as far as guaranteed evidence for all time. When a player has had stuff removed or threatened to have stuff removed I think it's safe to stick to TG uploads from those people in the future.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  10. 03-24-2016, 08:02 AM
    I think Jace needs to just put the hammer on this one honestly. This URL problem is more than just a problematic channel losing it's privileges, but like I said earlier, some sites die. Look at blip.tv, they ate it big time and some sites refuse to keep up stuff after these things happen, straight out removing entire people's archives and not even handing them to archive.org (as usually requested when a big takedown is happening). Anything can die, MySpace died, the problem with 3rd party uploads is exposed and now Jace should handle this before it's an epidemic.
    Likes bensweeneyonbass, Cthulhu liked this post
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Join us