M.A.M.E. - Donkey Kong [US Set 1] - Points - 1,112,800 - John McCurdy

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 04-02-2016, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Hi John. Congrats on the high score. But, I got to ask...if you are capable of such scores, why are you playing on a platform that most likely will get you a reject?

john

The gauntlet was thrown down by the real King of Kong. He said that a millionhundred couldn't be done at Retro Uprising (he is convinced that their ROMs are THEE Gold Standard), and put up a $200 bounty for it. Mr. Wes Copeland quickly jumped in and put it to bed. I just wanted to put my stamp on it as well. A challenge coming from the original KOK was just too hard to resist. Reject this score all day and up through the night if you want, but I know that it is 100% legitimate.
    Thanks Aieoiue thanked this post
    Likes Aieoiue, AaronTruitt liked this post
  2. 04-02-2016, 07:59 AM
    I've voted accept. I'll break down my reasons why:

DKF, and by proxy the Donkey Kong community, has accepted this score.
    TG likes to exist in its own bubble, but this should carry a significant amount of weight.
    http://donkeykongforum.com/index.php?topic=366.0

The INP has been scanned for the cheating measures used by PAC and the "signature" in them was not there.
    There is no way to mask this signature -- it's either there or it's not. It isn't in John's INP.

RU has its own anti-cheat systems and none of them detected this as being a cheated INP.
    RU scans for things like pauses, cheats, time/frame manipulation, etc. I would argue it is even more secure than WolfMAME.
    Thanks Aieoiue, serphintizer, N/A, ZEN, The Kombat King thanked this post
    Likes Aieoiue, serphintizer, N/A, AaronTruitt, ZEN and 2 others liked this post
  3. 04-02-2016, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WCopeland View Post
    I've voted accept. I'll break down my reasons why:

DKF, and by proxy the Donkey Kong community, has accepted this score.
    TG likes to exist in its own bubble, but this should carry a significant amount of weight.
    http://donkeykongforum.com/index.php?topic=366.0

The INP has been scanned for the cheating measures used by PAC and the "signature" in them was not there.
    There is no way to mask this signature -- it's either there or it's not. It isn't in John's INP.

RU has its own anti-cheat systems and none of them detected this as being a cheated INP.
    RU scans for things like pauses, cheats, time/frame manipulation, etc. I would argue it is even more secure than WolfMAME.
    Thank you and i won't change my original vote of acceptance.
  4. 04-02-2016, 08:58 AM
    The Rule should be Amended changed & Talked about to Accept MAME 0.135 unless found something in that Version that cheats.
    I play Donkey Kong seen the best Players in the world Play and saw this from the beginning to the End nothing funny. John MRX is a Expert Player on Donkey Kong and Wes should Know to.
    But Because Twin Galaxy only Accepts WolfMAME we have a impasse.
  5. 04-02-2016, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by serphintizer View Post
    The gauntlet was thrown down by the real King of Kong. He said that a millionhundred couldn't be done at Retro Uprising (he is convinced that their ROMs are THEE Gold Standard), and put up a $200 bounty for it. Mr. Wes Copeland quickly jumped in and put it to bed. I just wanted to put my stamp on it as well. A challenge coming from the original KOK was just too hard to resist. Reject this score all day and up through the night if you want, but I know that it is 100% legitimate.
    Thanks John. I'm guessing you're talking about Tim Sz?
    On your other point, I'm sure that no one thinks that your game wasn't legit. But as you know, that's not the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes
    TG likes to exist in its own bubble
    Wes, if anyone is existing in it's own bubble, it's you. You clearly have no respect for any rules. Shouldn't you be banned for life from here! Anyway, here you are again advocating for something that should be a clear REJECT.
    Are you proposing that any RU score can now be submitted here, or is it just DK scores from RU that are OK?

john

6. 04-02-2016, 10:06 AM
    Congrats on a great score!

This seems pretty open and shut to me though - WolfMAME was not used, so this submission needs to be rejected, despite it being a valid (and very impressive) score. The TG MAME submission guidelines are very clear:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Presentation1.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	13799

If the community has determined that the MAME version used for this submission is just as valid as WolfMAME, then I think we need to get TG to add this version as acceptable to the submission guidelines. I would suggest rejecting this submission for now and then resubmitting it when the new version is accepted by TG.
    Thanks HugDD, datagod, N/A thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, datagod, N/A liked this post
  7. 04-02-2016, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Wes, if anyone is existing in it's own bubble, it's you. You clearly have no respect for any rules. Shouldn't you be banned for life from here! Anyway, here you are again advocating for something that should be a clear REJECT.
    Are you proposing that any RU score can now be submitted here, or is it just DK scores from RU that are OK?
    Once again, the village idiot is trying to shout me down after I express my opinion on a score I actually know something about.

You are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine. Making an ad hominem attack against me doesn't change the validity of what I wrote about John's submission. I will not change my vote, and if I lose credibility for doing what I believe is right then that's okay.

Under the logic I presented, yes, I'd accept any RU score as long as the INP was pulled from the site and uploaded here. Many may disagree, but that's how I feel.
    Thanks serphintizer, CaptainJivePants thanked this post
    Likes serphintizer, The Kombat King liked this post
  8. 04-02-2016, 10:35 AM
    Once again, the village idiot is trying to shout me down after I express my opinion on a score I actually know something about.
    It's not about the "score" Wes, so anything you know about the "score" is irrelevant!

You are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine.

I didn't give you an opinion. I pointed out the fact that a Wolf version was NOT used!

Making an ad hominem attack against me doesn't change the validity of what I wrote
    You're trying to change the rules "after the fact". There is currently NO validity in what you wrote!

if I lose credibility for doing what I believe is right then that's okay.
    Whatever you "believe" and how you "feel" is not the issue here Wes.

Go start another thread that makes an argument for any other MAME to be recognised here. If the powers that be accept your argument, then I'm more than happy for this submission to be accepted in the future

john

9. 04-02-2016, 10:45 AM
    You are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine. Making an ad hominem attack against me doesn't change the validity of what I wrote about John's submission. I will not change my vote, and if I lose credibility for doing what I believe is right then that's okay.
    Thanks serphintizer thanked this post
  10. 04-02-2016, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WCopeland View Post
    Thanks Wes, but i did read that the first time you posted it. And I replied! So why do you feel or believe that you needed to post it again?

Anyway Wes, I like your style.....

Once again, the village idiot
    You said that, THEN you go on to whine about a supposed ad-hominem attack I made on you?
    Once again an example of your double standards.
    Wes. Welcome to the john lexmark list of fkn hypocrites. Edit...I take that back Wes. I just noticed that you are already on that list!

john

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Join us