This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. iOS - Crossy Road - - 512 - Nick Vis

04-13-2016, 09:52 PM
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=131967
    RulesYou may play as any character
    Submission Messagehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0iuO9ogCWA
    Managed to pull off this great score during a lunch break.
    Sorry for the random pause near the end, my phone just hit 20% battery there. It didn't make a difference between living or dying though.
  2. 04-14-2016, 11:24 PM
    Pause happens at 5:06. He's standing on the train tracks in no imediate danger. Final score at 5:35. I'm fine with the gameplay and had no idea that the game had a recording feature?

I do have one "problem" though, that I would like others to chime in on. How can it be verified that it is actually Nick playing? I don't know if this question was answered in the direct capture thread, but I would love for someone like Barthax to give his opinion.
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  3. 04-15-2016, 01:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    Pause happens at 5:06. He's standing on the train tracks in no imediate danger. Final score at 5:35. I'm fine with the gameplay and had no idea that the game had a recording feature?
    Agree that the pause has no discernible effect on the game play: accepted.

Probably an external recorder, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    I do have one "problem" though, that I would like others to chime in on. How can it be verified that it is actually Nick playing? I don't know if this question was answered in the direct capture thread, but I would love for someone like Barthax to give his opinion.
    Just like most camera footage too: you don't know. Even with multiple camera submissions, there's still room for a cable going "off camera" to someone that isn't in view...
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  4. 04-15-2016, 01:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Probably an external recorder, BTW.
    Actually, some games (like crossy road) work with everyplay, which lets you record them from ingame, then share those plays to their site, youtube, etc. which I like, because I haven't been able to find an app yet that lets you record the screen for free.
  5. 04-15-2016, 01:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nick666101 View Post
    Actually, some games (like crossy road) work with everyplay, which lets you record them from ingame, then share those plays to their site, youtube, etc. which I like, because I haven't been able to find an app yet that lets you record the screen for free.
    Trouble with the iPhone: almost nothing is free! There are other iOS players but I don't know what they use - perhaps there's something in their footage which would highlight it. Note that it would be good to get the confirmation of the iOS so we can discern this from an Android submission for certain. However, 512 is too good to throw away on a technicality, IMO. ;)
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks nick666101 thanked this post
  6. 04-15-2016, 02:06 AM
    Looks like Rodrigo Lopes uses Shou, Clay Karczewski uses iRec - both get side-loaded onto the iOS (not available via app store). Ben Sweeney uses AirServer on a PC to record. Others (Mike Sroka, Terence Wong) have indicated using a Mac with a Lightning cable between the iPhone & Mac to record using Quick Time.
  7. 04-15-2016, 02:11 AM
    Side-loaded? What do you mean with that?
    The Mac option won't work for me, as I don't have a Mac.
  8. 04-15-2016, 02:13 AM
    On my iPad 2 I had a cable to transfer the image and sound to a tv via HDMI. I could run it into an Elgato Game Capture and capture the footage that way.

Anywas, Accepted
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
    Likes nick666101, Barthax liked this post
  9. 04-15-2016, 02:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nick666101 View Post
    Side-loaded? What do you mean with that?
    The Mac option won't work for me, as I don't have a Mac.
    Side-loading is a way to get applications on the iPhone without going through the app store. I found this guide for Shou: http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-rec...out-jailbreak/ (dislaimer: I haven't done this as I don't have an iPhone but the prinicipal is the same as side-loading on Android.)
  10. 04-15-2016, 04:23 AM
    A) I'm going to add a performance to this track. I think this game is great.
    B) My iPhone 4S is old and factory (not jailbroken) and my PC is old and my wifi runs through a little USB device so it's slow and I can STILL get pretty good video recordings.

They're not perfect recordings and they clip out a little but AirServer doesn't appear to drop frames since it's recording a mirror feed and not a direct capture, really. When it drops frames on the mirror signal it kinda flashes green. Check out my most recent iOS video here https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...njamin-Sweeney
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us