Nintendo Entertainment System - Bad Dudes - EMU - Points - 69,700 - Andrew Mee

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Nintendo Entertainment System - Bad Dudes - EMU - Points - 69,700 - Andrew Mee

04-23-2016, 08:35 AM
    EMU - Points
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=200198
    Rules
    Factory Default [No Codes Allowed! No Continues!] Special Rules: If you max out the score, try to kill an enemy or two to show this, if possible. If you beat the game, please start a new game as it will show the CORRECT final score as the High Score.
    Submission Message
    Achieved on 20160423. Reset around 2:10 and run begins around 2:13. FPS is shown throughout.

Vzaar Video Url:

Score becomes most obvious during fade-out:

2. 04-23-2016, 08:36 AM
    So this is my attempt at leading the way to show TG can provide an outlet for NES emulation. Crap game play that I expect someone will easily surpass but there's nothing wrong with this line of thought. The days of TG being "pure" are long past and the two ideals can sit easily side-by-side on the same scoreboard as has been shown by older 8-bit consoles.
    Attachment 14431
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  3. 04-23-2016, 04:57 PM
    Why not? Seems like a good idea to me. Accepted. Is FCEUX the one you want everyone to use, or is it open for any NES emulator?
  4. 04-24-2016, 12:39 AM
    Something called puNES is listed as the most accurate at TASVideos: http://tasvideos.org/EmulatorResourc...racyTests.html

Barthax, probably worth continuing this discussion in another thread if you have any input.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 04-24-2016, 01:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    Why not? Seems like a good idea to me. Accepted. Is FCEUX the one you want everyone to use, or is it open for any NES emulator?
    Quote Originally Posted by hanasu View Post
    Something called puNES is listed as the most accurate at TASVideos: http://tasvideos.org/EmulatorResourc...racyTests.html

Barthax, probably worth continuing this discussion in another thread if you have any input.
    Just to briefly answer both: historically, there's plenty of NES emulators to choose from and I'm not bothered which NES emulator they use. As normal with TG submissions, the submitter should make it obvious which emulator is in use & make the usual attempts to show there's no cheating and the emulator is running at a decent speed. :) If problems arise due to a particular emulator+game combination the I trust the community will find a logical conclusion. Game on!
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Likes RaGe, datagod, smkrogman, JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. 04-24-2016, 04:02 PM
    Nice EMU :) If the database were setup differently it would be nice just to have an EMU/Console/ALL filter (default: ALL) listed attached to each track.
    Craig Rout Gallant

Current verified TG WRs: 58

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/CraigARG
    MAME World Records channel: http://www.youtube.com/MAMEWorldRecords
    Likes The Kombat King, HugDD, JJT_Defender liked this post
  7. 04-24-2016, 04:44 PM
    No reason not to accept from me.
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  8. 04-25-2016, 10:32 AM
    No input file? I'd argue that as a piece of evidence, it's at least as important as video, if not more so. They provide details that you can't see by watching a video. An input file combined with a video is the best possible evidence package.

Name:  fceuxmovie.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  134.6 KB
    MARP
    Retro Uprising
    UberNES
    Likes HugDD, d3scride, JJT_Defender liked this post
  9. 04-26-2016, 03:51 PM
    Why not use MESS for console emulation? It outputs an INP file, yes?

Also with the acceptance of Everdrive submissions, this seems like an unnecessary can of worms to open.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
  10. 04-26-2016, 04:01 PM
    Also with the Wii Virtual Console and numerous ports of games to other consoles (Intellivision Lives, Capcom Classics Collection, Sega Classics Collection,Sega Genesis Collection, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, Namco Museum, Arcade's Greatest Hits, and all the NES games available on the GBA) it seems completely unnecessary to do this. All this plus the Everdrive which gives you access to any NES rom and allows you to compete with genuine NES records. And all of this applies to the Genesis, SNES, TG16 and others. Do we really want to duplicate everything in the database AGAIN?
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Join us