Atari 2600 / VCS - Superman - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 01:09.0 - Snowflake

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Superman - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 01:09.0 - Snowflake

04-25-2016, 04:35 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=348
    Rules
    Fastest time; you MUST build the bridge, capture all criminals including Lex Luthor, AND return Clark to Daily Planet. You CANNOT use the select/pause feature. Gameplay must be continuous from beginning to end. NOTE - you need not actually witness the bridge blowing up at the very beginning, but you must at least enter that screen and then turn back to the phone booth.
    Submission Message
    Setting shown at beginning, last run is the 1:09 one. Note, even though the game display 0109 this does NOT mean 109 seconds, it means 1:09, if you just remind 10 seconds you can see it goes from 59 to 100.

The rule about seeing the bridge scene, i may do that too fast to see, its important to understand what this rule is talking about. Theres a way to warp past the bridge, never even become superman, and skip straight to the daily planet as clark kent and win in about 15 seconds. This is what the rule is trying to stop since the trick will allow you to not see the bridge, not collect criminals, not collect bridge pieces, not do anything really.
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  2. 04-25-2016, 07:59 PM
    Well done. Would love to see this record go down.
  3. 04-25-2016, 08:06 PM
    You have no idea how many hours I spent on this 2 minute game. I am also very curious to see how to achieve the record. Its been like firefighter, except way more time, but on the bright side way more fun. This game is awesome. The fact that its enjoyable makes it a lot easier to put the hours in. I would honestly estimate myself around 60 hours on this.
  4. 04-25-2016, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    You have no idea how many hours I spent on this 2 minute game. I am also very curious to see how to achieve the record. Its been like firefighter, except way more time, but on the bright side way more fun. This game is awesome. The fact that its enjoyable makes it a lot easier to put the hours in. I would honestly estimate myself around 60 hours on this.
    Of course you put in the time. I probably put in even more hours in back in the early 80's when this game first came out. (The Atari is all I had)

Beyond the map memorization, the random bridge pieces/enemies must all be close proximity to where you really want them to be, with very limited flying as possible. A lucky reset is always out there.
  5. 04-25-2016, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marcamy View Post
    Of course you put in the time. I probably put in even more hours in back in the early 80's when this game first came out. (The Atari is all I had)

Beyond the map memorization, the random bridge pieces/enemies must all be close proximity to where you really want them to be, with very limited flying as possible. A lucky reset is always out there.
    The bridge pieces always start in the same places. There is randomness though as the helicopter can move them. I just hope that I get them before the helicopter does, unfortunately, i dont believe its wise to get them all immediately, so you leave a piece behind and just hope the chopper doesnt move it.
  6. 04-25-2016, 08:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    The bridge pieces always start in the same places. There is randomness though as the helicopter can move them. I just hope that I get them before the helicopter does, unfortunately, i dont believe its wise to get them all immediately, so you leave a piece behind and just hope the chopper doesnt move it.
    Yeah, I get what your saying. Keep at it, and good luck.
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  7. 04-25-2016, 10:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marcamy View Post
    Yeah, I get what your saying. Keep at it, and good luck.
    You guys have got me very curious about this!

Ill see if it came out on PAL.

Great run William!
    Likes HugDD, Snowflake liked this post
  8. 04-26-2016, 06:07 AM
    Great run! Accepted!
    Stephen K. Boyer
    Former Twin Galaxies Sr. Referee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 1,517,380 ( Arcade Medium World Record )
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 788,970 ( Arcade Medium NO POW World Record )
    Mario Bros. Single Player MEDIUM 4,260,210 ( MAME World Record )
  9. 04-28-2016, 09:21 PM

Accepted Great Time william Decrease your Time by 11 Seconds

Superman - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B Game Starts at 6:33 of the video

Superman - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B Game Settings Begin at :10 to :36 of the video

Atari 2600 / VCS - Superman - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 01:09.0 Final Time is at 7:49 to 8:04 of the video

10. 04-28-2016, 09:22 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us