[NTSC-U (US)] [--Speedruns Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive] - Barney's Hide & Seek Game - any% - 09:19.0 - Jesse Porter

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. [NTSC-U (US)] [--Speedruns Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive] - Barney's Hide & Seek Game - any% - 09:19.0 - Jesse Porter

05-04-2016, 12:53 PM
    any%
    Score Track

2. 05-17-2016, 08:43 PM
    This was accepted by the speedrun community. I have no problem accepting this here.

I still don't know the inside joke behind why this game has so many runners.
    Thanks HugDD, Boo thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, Boo liked this post
  3. 05-18-2016, 08:34 AM
    Link to the actual score track is here:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=158929

Jesse it looks like your submission message got eaten. Can you repost?
  4. 05-18-2016, 09:23 AM
    Nothing like a speedrun Barney game.
    Stephen K. Boyer
    Former Twin Galaxies Sr. Referee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 1,517,380 ( Arcade Medium World Record )
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 788,970 ( Arcade Medium NO POW World Record )
    Mario Bros. Single Player MEDIUM 4,260,210 ( MAME World Record )
  5. 05-18-2016, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    Link to the actual score track is here:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=158929

Jesse it looks like your submission message got eaten. Can you repost?
    i dont remember putting a message and if i did, i dont remember what it was. there is nothing i wanted to say about this. unless someone has a question about whether or not i use a controller.
    The Circle Leader
    King of Genesis
    Son of GinaLee
  6. 05-18-2016, 12:03 PM
    I was curious as to the start/stop events. I'm getting the end time at 10:32 when Barney waves goodbye. Lemme know if I'm looking at this right.
  7. 05-18-2016, 12:07 PM
    I saw on speedrun.com it's the no controller speed run. Shouldn't make a difference on this track here at TG.com so I'm not concerned with that. Interesting, though.

9:19 is definitely the fastest you can complete this without a controller based on the pile of 9:19's over there.
  8. 05-18-2016, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kombat King View Post
    This was accepted by the speedrun community. I have no problem accepting this here.

I still don't know the inside joke behind why this game has so many runners.
    I think the joke is you don't have to use the controller, it's pretty much playing by itself
    Likes The Kombat King liked this post
  9. 05-18-2016, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    I saw on speedrun.com it's the no controller speed run. Shouldn't make a difference on this track here at TG.com so I'm not concerned with that. Interesting, though.

9:19 is definitely the fastest you can complete this without a controller based on the pile of 9:19's over there.
    yes but i am willing to change my time here because when i timed my run i came up with a different time but whenever it got accepted at speedrun.com, they changed my time. but from what i understand, Timing should start from first movement frame, not first input. Because the log moves on a global timer.
    The Circle Leader
    King of Genesis
    Son of GinaLee
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  10. 05-18-2016, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nads View Post
    I think the joke is you don't have to use the controller, it's pretty much playing by itself
    that is true but, if i was to use a controller, the run would be much faster.
    The Circle Leader
    King of Genesis
    Son of GinaLee
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us