2-3 = OFF
    4-6 = ON
    7 = OFF
    8 = ON
    Dip-Switch Bank 3:
    1 = ON/OFF (cabinet type)
    2 = OFF/UNUSED
    3-4 = OFF
    Note: The above Dip Switches, when properly designated, will give the following Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings, used for this title;
    3 Lives
    Bonus Life at 50,000 Points ONLY!
    Normal Difficulty
    Stereo Sound
    Submission Message
    Here is my submission for the TGTS settings track for the Arcade version of Contra. I played this on my Jasens Customs ADCAP supergun using a eightarc fusion ebony arcade stick for my inputs. I would have liked to have done this run in an arcade (Galloping Ghost Arcade), but the machine is set to default settings there.

I do a power cycle right at the beginning of the submission video, then another after my run. Final score and initials entered at 33:30. The board and dip switches are shown after my run at approx 34:30 of the video.

After the power cycle, I explain and demonstrate how the hidden timer works by letting it expire in the first level of a new run. If you have any questions about the timer, my setup, or my submission in general, please let me know!

Final score/thumbs up:
    Name:  vlcsnap-2016-05-05-00h09m00s691.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  26.5 KB

Board and dips, picture flipped from video capture for easier adjudication:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks HugDD, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 05-05-2016, 04:01 AM
    great job Pete! I thought you had some ways to go after you got more or less destroyed on the final boss section in your last submission.

I love the point pressing spot on top of the mountain stage. That's something I want to try and will probably be the thing that pushed my PB above 2.2mill. I usually go to the top but that means each wave is only 2 men while your tactic nets your 4. 1000points more each wave. Amazing.

your score are also top tier at the end of each stage.
    100k at the end of stage 1 (jungle)
    280k at the end of stage 2 (mountain)
    and milking about 250k out of boss #2
    is about as good as it gets.

nice to see you use that stopwatch function on your phone. I do that too :D

Very exciting run to watch, accepted

ps: do the risky run and fetch another 100k in the second tunnels 8-)
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
    Thanks HAN thanked this post
    Likes HAN, HugDD liked this post
  3. 05-05-2016, 12:21 PM
    Great job Pete! You've got both Contra arcade records now. I figured it was a matter of time once you took Super Contra. I held them both before you. I know there's still a little room for improvement on this title. I'm pretty sure I had a game once with a score of 1,100,000+ on the final stage but died on the heart. I'm not sure I'll be attempting to take back either record soon though. Congrats!
    Likes HAN, HugDD liked this post
  4. 05-05-2016, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertCoins View Post
    Great job Pete! You've got both Contra arcade records now. I figured it was a matter of time once you took Super Contra. I held them both before you. I know there's still a little room for improvement on this title. I'm pretty sure I had a game once with a score of 1,100,000+ on the final stage but died on the heart. I'm not sure I'll be attempting to take back either record soon though. Congrats!
    Thank you very much!
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  5. 05-18-2016, 12:21 PM
    These scores just continue to get higher and higher.
    Stephen K. Boyer
    Former Twin Galaxies Sr. Referee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 1,517,380 ( Arcade Medium World Record )
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 788,970 ( Arcade Medium NO POW World Record )
    Mario Bros. Single Player MEDIUM 4,260,210 ( MAME World Record )
  6. 05-18-2016, 12:40 PM
    Don't you, like, KNOW someone who works at GGA? Can't they switch the settings for you? :)
Join us