Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - 1,218,000 - Wes Copeland

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 05-07-2016, 08:55 PM
    I also have to say Wes proved me wrong. I'm no DK expert, but when Robbie submitted his last score I thought it would be tough to beat. I can't even imagine how much work you've put into this game man. When you mentioned the adrenaline you had, it had to have been through the roof! It must feel great. Enjoy it Wes. Congrats again!
    Where is Lexmark anyway? :D
    Likes datagod, HugDD liked this post
  2. 05-08-2016, 05:36 AM
    Impressive score, unfortunately logged onto your channel 15 minutes to late to witness it live..
    And as CharlieFar said, easiest accept ever!
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  3. 05-08-2016, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by creech View Post
    I also have to say Wes proved me wrong. I'm no DK expert, but when Robbie submitted his last score I thought it would be tough to beat. I can't even imagine how much work you've put into this game man. When you mentioned the adrenaline you had, it had to have been through the roof! It must feel great. Enjoy it Wes. Congrats again!
    Where is Lexmark anyway? :D
    Way too much time ... I've been playing on average 40 hours a week, on top of my regular full-time job, managing the TG tournaments site, and having a girlfriend. Now that I don't actually think I can beat this score, I really don't know what to do with all this time I suddenly have. It's nice to finally be able to get more than 5 hours of sleep a night though!

John has already reached out to me about the bounty ... it will all be going to the Doctors Without Borders charity.
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
    Likes homerwannabee, datagod, d3scride, creech, ZEN and 1 others liked this post
  4. 05-08-2016, 09:18 AM
    Hi

When one doing a comparison of Robbie 's last game of 190K posted on TG

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...l=1#post826020

With Wes current 1.2M game at

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...l=1#post831587

Robbie was on track with a better score only at level 20 Wes did surpass him.

So I am not a DK expert at all but looking at the aggresive point pressing Robbie did had up to this point
    If one do not take into consideration of the men at the end this clearly do show that a higher score is poosible?
    Add up Robbie score of level 20 -1 to Wes end game levels 20-2 onwards one do get an higher score what Wes just now did so I feel someone will break Wes score eventually.....

Just as we all thought breakng Dean's score on Mame was unbreakable.

All the best of luck and surpassed blessings to the next pioneers of this game.

Regards Francois du Toit
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at: https://www.twitch.tv/francoisadt

Francois du Toit
  5. 05-08-2016, 01:48 PM
    Greatest Donkey Kong score of all time! It will be very interesting to see if anyone can break this score.

Accepted!
    Stephen K. Boyer
    Former Twin Galaxies Sr. Referee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 1,517,380 ( Arcade Medium World Record )
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 788,970 ( Arcade Medium NO POW World Record )
    Mario Bros. Single Player MEDIUM 4,260,210 ( MAME World Record )
  6. 05-09-2016, 09:37 AM
    Mr. Copeland you should be very proud and feel liberated by your accomplishment. DK mastery.

Can I suggest your next game to master? Zookeeper, right? heh...
  7. 05-09-2016, 10:27 AM
    Amazing work Wes. Congrats on a well earned score! Accepted!
  8. 05-11-2016, 01:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes
    My goal with Donkey Kong has always been to have a game where I could look back and say "I don't think I could've done any better". I think this is the one. As a result, I'm now retired.
    You're kidding, right!

Wes, you "grind" the DK for 4-ish years and decide to retire! (you haven't ground long enough)

You're too young to retire. Congrats on a breakout score. It's not good enough to stand the test of time though!

john

9. 05-11-2016, 02:19 AM
    Great dedication... Something I just don't understand as I'm typically flippant with any game. Congrats. :)
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Join us