Game Boy / Game Boy Color - Bart Simpson's Escape From Camp Deadly - Points - 249,375 - Patrick John Fenton Jr.

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Game Boy / Game Boy Color - Bart Simpson's Escape From Camp Deadly - Points - 249,375 - Patrick John Fenton Jr.

06-01-2016, 11:38 AM
    vzaar-player

https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=24413
    Rules
    You Must Start a NEW Game.

Submission Message
    This is a video of me scoring 249,375 points for the game Bart Simpson: Escape from Camp Deadly. Enjoy!
  2. 07-12-2016, 12:27 PM

Voted 'yes'
    Thanks Patrick Fenton thanked this post
    Likes Patrick Fenton liked this post
  3. 07-12-2016, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post

Voted 'yes'
    Thanks, no one's commented on this post so I'm thankful for the vote.
  4. 07-14-2016, 02:43 PM
    I don't know about this game... There's no timer and there are spots where you can stand, grabbing points (forever) without any real risk of dying. Two spots in particular - 33:40 and 35:00....These two instances of leeching points pushed you passed the #1 score.

Regular TG leeching rules are always in affect, but this game should have had something added to the rules addressing this. "Only allowed to kill reappearing enemies one time", maybe.

The next person to submit for this game may stall a bit longer to push ahead of this score. It's silly. I'm going to abstain on this one.
    Likes HugDD, Barthax liked this post
  5. 07-14-2016, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    leeching points pushed you passed the #1 score.
    Did the gameplay of this "#1 score" involve no (or markedly less of) such point accumulation?
  6. 07-14-2016, 07:11 PM
    Did the gameplay of this "#1 score" involve no (or markedly less of) such point accumulation?
    Honestly, I don't know.
  7. 07-14-2016, 07:42 PM
    Up until 33:40, Patrick's run was ok by me. Judging from the current #1 score, he played it similar to Patrick, but he didn't get leechy in the last few minutes. If Patrick hadn't stalled up, it seems his score would have been almost the same as that current #1 score.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  8. 07-15-2016, 05:30 AM
    Leeching: A means by which a player accumulates additional points in game while engaging in activities that do not contribute to progressing to the next stage, screen or level, and while such activities are engaged, a player is not inhibited to progressing to the next stage, screen or level during commission of said activities. In general, a player should always be making a meaningful or conservative attempt towards progression within the generally accepted intended spirit and direction of the game

This is where adjudication becomes very tricky.

In my opinion, and only my opinion, what I saw here was a continuous conservative attempt toward the end of the game, killing extra mobs to prevent loss of hp/lives. Other play styles might say "well you had 5 extra men and could have speed-run the last room damage-boosting in a fraction of the time"...others might say "you took damage in two places so you obviously could have gone a little slower". I only notice one spot where he turns backward to attack previous enemies which might be questionable but there was an enemy in front of him I think he was waiting on.

Currently - I will abstain from voting until either (1) someone can find the video from the old record or (2) enough people voice an agreement with this not being excessive leeching (in my opinion, it is not excessive despite being potentially questionable).
    Roses are red...cacti are thorny...
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  9. 10-01-2016, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTanner View Post
    Leeching: A means by which a player accumulates additional points in game while engaging in activities that do not contribute to progressing to the next stage, screen or level, and while such activities are engaged, a player is not inhibited to progressing to the next stage, screen or level during commission of said activities. In general, a player should always be making a meaningful or conservative attempt towards progression within the generally accepted intended spirit and direction of the game

This is where adjudication becomes very tricky.

In my opinion, and only my opinion, what I saw here was a continuous conservative attempt toward the end of the game, killing extra mobs to prevent loss of hp/lives. Other play styles might say "well you had 5 extra men and could have speed-run the last room damage-boosting in a fraction of the time"...others might say "you took damage in two places so you obviously could have gone a little slower". I only notice one spot where he turns backward to attack previous enemies which might be questionable but there was an enemy in front of him I think he was waiting on
    This looks Good to me, watching the point in question I can clearly see progress being made

Voting Yes
    Thanks Patrick Fenton, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Patrick Fenton, JJT_Defender liked this post
  10. 10-01-2016, 03:28 PM
    Thanks for the vote, it's nice to see this old submission getting some action again.
Join us